What impact will you make?
The DevOps group is responsible for delivering DevOps services which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. We support business-lead software development while applying strategic and approved practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
We are developing and supporting innovative solutions that leverage the latest technologies in open source and the cloud, and are building a team of top-notch DBA’s to create our next generation platform.
This is how
You will be working within a portfolio of applications that utilize all levels of technology, from backend data to front-end technologies, delivered through cloud technologies such as Azure!
You will work in an environment that embraces DevOps philosophies to empower the implementation of tools and processes which enable the following: rapid development and deployment of software, continuous integration/delivery, automated quality checks, and operational metrics that can be used by development and product teams.
This position will work directly with agile teams and business owners on critical Deloitte projects and initiatives that are working with big data, analytics, and machine learning and require Database Hosting and Engineering services.
In addition, the individual will be expected to:
• Engineer and implement solutions and provide recommendations for continuous improvement for the services provided.
• Present regular status updates and provide cross training to other DevOps team members.
• Be active in evaluating and recommending new Cloud Data Services technologies including updates to Cloud Data Services as they are released.
• Establish an automated DevOps release management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts (the Dev) and on-going production operations (the Ops). Cultivate a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mindset.
• Ensure development teams are provided a full set of DevOps ALM tools by leading the establishment of the right tooling and processes that will result in a fully automated release management pipeline to include: the Automated build process, environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information (to target developers).
• Partner with development and operations teams to develop practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions that move projects forward in a timely manner.
• Be a trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevOps initiatives by providing objective, practical, and relevant ideas, insights, and advice.
• Plan, organize, and control multiple responsibilities to achieve project objectives; technically guide projects through to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high quality.
• Work with teams to bring continuous improvement to ALM processes and tools. Develop and own KPIs to ensure performance is measured against expected business outcomes.
• And other responsibilities as required.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte’s success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world’s largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The 2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits;
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;
- a good pension scheme;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- a 32- 40 hour working week;
- the opportunity to take a month of unpaid leave once a year;
- a good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- the opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme;
- a development program that helps you keep developing;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which are also for personal use;
- the opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- great growth opportunities. Depending on your ambitions and performance, you can grow into a new role every 2 to 3 years.
What you offer
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related field, experience as a DBA, DevOps or systems administrator/engineer in 24X7 uptime environment. Expert knowledge of DBA administration and security protocols for client/server environment deployed using Cloud based IaaS and PaaS solutions on Windows platforms.
• Database experience with Cloud applications.
• Production experience in large-scale NoSQL data infrastructures such as MongoDB, etc.
• Production experience with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server, SQLite, Amazon RDS, etc.
• Experience creating automation for database deployment, update, backup, recovery, testing, and maintenance.
• Implement, tune, and enhance functionality of database servers in an automated manner.
• Work with other teams to troubleshoot data-related problems, find root-causes, implement solutions, and contribute to incident reports.
• Build deployments and integrations with popular scripting languages (Bash, Powershell, Python, and/or Ruby).
• Use open-source software to build solutions, and work with the open-source community to resolve problems and improve our solutions.
• Experience with big data processing tools and when to use them.
• Experience working in an agile development team which requires the database design and architecture to adapt to changing business needs.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, comfortable in a transactional high-volume, high-availability production environment.
• Ability to build solid relationships with team members and co-workers, possessing the desire to work in a team environment and provide benefit to the team as a whole.
• Possess strong communication and presentation skills in both speaking and writing.
• Strong customer service skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent customer requests.
• Self-reliant, self-motivated, with a “can do” attitude.
• Commitment to quality, accuracy, and reliability of services provided.
• Ability to produce and maintain accurate documentation and operational reports.
• Desire to grow and develop new skill sets, becoming involved with new technologies.
• Experience with MS-Office products to build presentations using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Lets make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? For answers, please contact Recruiter Technology Consulting Toine van Kastel on +31882885136.