Supporting clients to drive strategic transformations and navigate an uncertain and ever-changing environment. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
Joining our Monitor Deloitte community provides you with the opportunity to combine your experience and/or interest in strategy with our methodologies and knowledge. You will work across a wide variety of industries and domains. You will be helping the world’s biggest clients understand emerging shifts in the market, supporting them in making important strategic choices, and enabling them to execute strategic transformations necessary for succeeding in an ever-changing world. Within our Monitor Deloitte community we have three offerings, each with its own area of expertise: Strategy and Business Design, Customer Strategy and M&A Strategy.
Our Strategy & Business Design team within Monitor Deloitte focuses on helping private companies with defining corporate and business unit strategies. We also support public institutions, both nationally and internationally, with defining new policy strategies. We help our clients to anticipate disruption and design future portfolios. We are the orchestrators of complex strategic transformations. We do this by best combining qualitative and quantitative methods and analyses.
This is how
As a Junior Consultant at Monitor Deloitte - Strategy & Business Design your work will be diverse, challenging and rewarding. Your role will include the following:
- conducting analyses necessary for project deliverables;
- preparing client workshops and meetings;
- thinking outside the box to identify new opportunities for clients;
- taking responsibility and initiative to deliver presentation materials and communicating insights and recommendations to the client;
- collaborating with clients and colleagues from diverse functions and/or Deloitte teams (e.g. Monitor Deloitte sub-teams, Analytics, Deloitte Digital) to drive end-to-end strategic transformations;
- attending trainings to advance your personal development;
- helping with the further development of our team through participating in, amongst others, social impact projects, specific industry development, learning and recruitment.
At Deloitte, the largest organisation in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
You will share your expertise with ~120 colleagues of our Monitor Deloitte community in Amsterdam. Our community consists of three groups, namely Strategy & Business Design, Customer Strategy and M&A Strategy. In this community, leading edge thinking and personal development are key priorities. You will be working with a diverse team of driven individuals.
Our offering lead Klaasjan Doeswijk describes Monitor Deloitte as follows: “We are strategy experts as well as catalysts and orchestrators of strategic change. We bring unique value to our clients by combining our Monitor Deloitte strategy focus with diverse capabilities available within Deloitte".
- in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits;
- a clear career path. Depending on your ambitions and performance, growth into a new role every 2 to 3 years;
- a development program that helps you growing and achieving your career goals, incl. a performance coach;
- a wide international network, with opportunities to work abroad via short-term exchanges or secondments;
- a 32- to 40-hour working week;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- the opportunity to take a month of unpaid leave once annually;
- the opportunity to take a sabbatical of 2 to 6 months;
- a good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which is also for personal use;
- a good pension scheme;
- an opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- an opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme;
- a welcoming team with a fun, social and down-to-earth atmosphere;
- fun team events such as a yearly skiing trip, summer BBQs or boat trips.
What you offer
For the role as Junior Consultant at Monitor Deloitte - Strategy and Business Design, you have:
- a relevant Master’s degree with excellent academic and pre-university results;
- strong analytical and systematic problem solving skills;
- interpersonal excellence, as well as demonstrated leadership;
- a strong intellectual curiosity and appetite for continuous learning;
- interesting extra-curricular activities besides your studies, such as active participation in a student association, a board, a committee or a sport association;
- specific interest in strategy consulting, as well as commitment to your personal goals and developments, to our clients and to our community and its values;
- an excellent command of written and spoken English (and preferably Dutch). Proficiency in additional languages is a plus.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Please submit your resume, cover letter (in English) and grade lists of high school, bachelor and master. Please note: incomplete profiles will not be processed!
The next recruitment day will be on the 27th of March.
If you are looking for interview practice and further getting to know Monitor Deloitte prior to applying, please join one of our Crack the Case events. You can find this event and sign up at our event page.
Questions? For answers, please contact our Campus Recruiter Marlou Tuijl on +31 (0)6 50088403.