Support clients’ end-to-end journey from applying on-premise to cloud, helping them seize the opportunities for business enablement and gain the competitive edge. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
As an Junior Cloud Engineer, we would like you to join Deloitte’s Fortune 500 clients on their journey towards the Cloud. We offer you a challenging and evolving environment where you can make an personal impact. As a crucial member of our DevOps team you will be working on the challenges of moving our applications and datacenter to the Cloud, automate as much as we can and at the same time fulfill the expectations of our clients that applications are always available, flawlessly and seamlessly working.
You’re qualified and experienced in all things Cloud offers and want to stay at the forefront of distributed computing. You love the business impact of technologies and you help your peers connect the dots.
Does this sounds like an appealing challenge to you, then join us because that’s the opportunity we’re offering.
This is how
Deloitte Cloud Engineering team is looking for Junior Cloud Engineers who are passionate about building and deploying applications at scale on cloud platforms. You will have a background in the design, automation, deployment and operation of cloud applications and infrastructure.
In this role you will work cross-border with our business and supporting functions. You will
Your role will have multiple responsibilities depending on the project type. In one project you might work together with development team to build an application optimized for the cloud, using automation to test and deploy the application into production. In another project you might convert manual runbook or provisioning processes and automate using tools such as Azure DevOps (formally known as VSTS). From an operations perspective, you will be required to set up monitoring and alerting for Azure or AWS workloads.
Just a few examples of what we see as part of this role:
- Develop cloud architecture and solutions optimized for cloud platforms;
- develop scripts (IaC) to automate the deployment of AWS or Azure architecture and solutions;
- optimize the cloud services platform;
- monitor and maintain multiple AWS or Azure solutions to meet project requirements;
- set up a continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline on AWS or Azure;
- capture and share best-practice knowledge within Deloitte cloud teams;
- identify new tools and process to improve the cloud platform and automate processes.
With offices across the Netherlands and more than 5500 employees Deloitte is a leading organization in the field of Consulting, Financial Advisory Services, Risk Services, Audit and Tax. Innovation and initiative are key.
Our IT departments within Deloitte, provides information and communication technology, online services, access systems, audio-visual equipment, building management, facilities management and cabling for all Deloitte departments. IT professionals like to work with us because of innovative character of our activities. Our culture is described as dynamic, informal, innovative, social, international, team-oriented, results-oriented and challenging.
What we offer
You work in multidisciplinary teams on various projects that will help you build a professional network from day one. Every day you are challenged to get the best out of yourself, but you are not alone: experienced colleagues and best practices from the global Deloitte network help you to become successful.
- great growth opportunities. Depending on your ambitions and performance, you can grow into a new role every 2 to 3 years;
- a development program that helps you keep developing;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which are also for personal use;
- a good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;
- in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- a 32-40-hour working week. We are also open to the option of a shorter working week;
- the opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme;
- the opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- a good pension scheme.
What you offer
You are sharp, analytical and ambitious. At Deloitte Consulting, you advise top firms in the field of growth, innovation and strategy. You see endless opportunities for your clients and you can think of the best 'out of the box' solutions. You also have the following qualities required for the position of Junior Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent;
- ability to understand infrastructure for enterprise applications;
- scripting or programming knowledge (Python, Java, HCL, PowerShell, etc.);
- ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge to other team members;
- strong problem solving and troubleshooting and analytical skills.
Lets make impact. Apply now!
We are happy to receive your application for the position of Junior Cloud Engineer. At Deloitte we are open to all people who bring quality and ambition. We are therefore curious who you are.
Questions? For the answers, please contact Recruiter Consulting Valerie Schoorlemmer via +31 88 288 13 78.