(Senior) Consultant Digital Controllership.
Digital Controllership for sustainable Digital Finance Transformations. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
Digital Finance Transformations, including changes in ERP systems and the shift to cloud and in-memory data processing solutions result in new digital risks and challenges for our clients. As a (Senior) Consultant for Digital Controllership you will generally support clients on Digital Finance Transformation projects, using your accounting & financial reporting expertise, combined with knowledge of ERP systems & other new technologies and the power of the Deloitte network. You will really bring value to clients by helping them to be more in control of those risks and challenges that can have an impact on their financial close processes and related systems, controls and reports.
This is how
As a (Senior) Consultant for Digital Controllership your duties will involve:
- The analysis of the business processes of clients in order to identify accounting triggering events.
- The preparation or revision of accounting policies of clients and ensure that all accounting triggering events are properly translated in the accounting policies.
- The (re)design of financial data model of clients to ensure that accounting triggering events are properly captured to ensure compliance with reporting requirements and to meet the relevant reporting needs of the various reporting stakeholders (e.g. management, department heads, banks, suppliers, etc.).
- Working with other specialists in areas of internal controls, access control, cyber security, tax, procurement, sales and distribution, materials management, etc., to ensure that ERP systems are properly configured to meet the client’s needs.
- Automating financial close process controls on areas such as robotic processing, automated tasks, reconciliations, revaluations, matching, reporting, etc., taking into account the functionalities and capabilities of ERP systems and other new technologies.
- Working with data science specialists to identify the right data management & governance model for clients.
- Working on ways to help clients achieve more real-time reporting and better control over relevant KPIs using business intelligence solutions, new functionalities in ERP systems (e.g. the universal journal in S/4HANA and cloud reporting) and other reporting technologies with data structuring capabilities.
By working in multi-disciplinary teams on client sites, you will get an inside look at a variety of organizations and specialties. This will help you learn fast so that you can take on more complex responsibilities as your knowledge & expertise increases.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
Within Risk Advisory we work with around 660 professionals in 7 different areas: Financial Risk, Cyber Risk, Regulatory Risk, Sustainability, Crisis & Resilience Risk, Risk Analytics and CORE (In Control of Responsible Enterprises). These areas consist of specialists in the fields of Data Analytics, IT Audit, Internal Audit, Risk Consulting, Accounting & Financial Reporting, Digital Controllership, Treasury, Project Management and (Cyber) Security & Technology. Therefore, multidisciplinary teams consist of people with differing strengths and specialisms that leverage on each other. We truly believe, as it is also reflected in our core values, that these differences bring more value to our client by helping them to be (more) in control of a responsible business. The cooperation within our teams is informal, which is the general atmosphere.
You will based out of the Amsterdam office and will work on-site at clients, both domestic and foreign. As the world’s leading professional services firm, we serve A-class clients that are often market leaders in their industry.
What we offer
At Deloitte we give you room to explore our different disciplines and by performing diverse tasks within different industries you can specialize within a specific functional or technical SAP domain. You receive support through education, training and a mentor. You perform your tasks as part of a team, from which you can expect leadership and support. In turn, you are driving your own activities and lead the work performed by the (sr.) consultants in the team.
- In addition to a competitive salary, a share in our profits;
- A development program that helps you keep growing;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- A 40-hour work week;
- The opportunity to take a month of unpaid leave once annually;
- Good mobility scheme: choice between a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- A laptop and an iPhone, which is also for personal use;
- A good pension scheme;
- An opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- An opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme.
What you offer
If you meet the above profile and like the challenge, then we would very much like to meet you!
- Experience in accounting & financial reporting (IFRS, US GAAP, Dutch GAAP);
- Experience in finance (R2R) and business process (O2C, S2P, etc.) development;
- Experience with ERP system implementations (SAP ECC, SAP S/4 HANA, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.);
- Passion for advising clients in the area of digital finance transformations;
- Managing, leading and supporting lower level staff (as an experienced consultant);
- Actively contributes to building the talent pipeline; creates a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams;
- Enterprising with good communication skills;
- Fluent in writing and speaking English (Dutch is a great advantage);
- You are result-oriented, stress resistant and can motivate a team;
- A completed university degree;
- A SAP FI or CO certification is an advantage;
- You work well in a team and know how to manage your time and work.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? For answers, please contact Babette van Oostenrijk on 0620675190