Designing new business models for our retail clients to meet their strategic objectives & guiding them through their business transformations. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
This is an opportunity to join the Retail industry team within Deloitte Consulting, with your specific focus on our retail clients, where you will combine strategic thinking with hands-on practicality to diagnose and solve our retail clients’ most critical challenges and opportunities.
Our team works with high profile retailers across all major sectors, from supermarkets to online specialists and our clients rely on us to help across a wide portfolio of challenges, which can range from deriving more value from physical stores with advanced analytics, through to redefining marketing functions, through to big global business and technology transformation programs and post-merger integrations.
We are seeking an experienced candidate to join our team to help our retail clients with their challenging transformation agenda, ranging from large-scale enterprise-wide transformations, to optimizing specific domains of the retail value chain.
This is how
- Designing, implementing and optimizing offerings, process, structures and operating models of large retailers
- Tackling strategic and design choices with the retailers and defining the implications for their organisation
- Improving retail cost performance and scalability in order to meet companywide profitability improvement plans and/or SG&A programs;
- Overseeing and connecting the dots in large retail transformations;
- Challenging retailers on content and ideas based on your expertise to increase performance;
- Managing projects, work streams and small teams; and coaching the less experienced members of your team so they can perform optimally and continue their accelerated learning journeys
- Taking responsibility for internal and external reporting to our retail clients
At Deloitte in the Netherlands where we rely on more than 1500 colleagues in Consulting. You will share your expertise with our retail consultants Amsterdam (the Edge), all of whom are specialists in the Retail industry.
What we offer
- Exciting projects, exciting clients, highly talented and motivated colleagues, fun, energy, passion, constant challenge and learning;
- collaborative, empowering and supportive culture;
- in addition to a fixed salary, you earn a share of the profit;
- flexible working hours and the ability to work from home;
- great career opportunities. Every 2 to 3 years you grow, depending on your ambitions and performance, to a new position;
- a development program that allows you to continue to develop;
- 26 vacation days per year and the possibility to purchase 15 vacation days per year;
- a 32-40-hour working week;
- the possibility to take a month of (unpaid) leave every year;
- an excellent mobility scheme: choice of a lease car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe or a cash option, an annual public transport subscription or a travel allowance;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which you can also use privately;
- a good pension scheme;
- the possibility to participate in the collective health insurance scheme;
- the possibility to benefit from tax-attractive matters, such as company fitness and a bicycle plan.
What you offer
When it comes to the technicalities of the job, you're ready for anything. At the same time, you're able to inspire and motivate the team to deliver excellent results. You have the courage to try out new things and to keep learning, even if there are setbacks along the way. For the role of (Senior) Consultant Business Retail you also have:
- passion for retail;
- a relevant Master’s degree with excellent academic and pre-university results;
- relevant work experience (consulting or industry experience) mostly in the retail sector;
- experience with project management, organizational models, processes and technologies used in retail;
- you are open to international projects and you have experience with working in a culturally diverse environment;
- strong analytical skills and systematic problem solving skills;
- you are eager to learn and enjoy finding new ways to solving complex problems;
- you continuously challenge yourself and strive to maximize your impact in your work and/or on society;
- excellent interpersonal- and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams;
- you are able to communicate complex ideas and analyses effectively;
- an excellent command of written and spoken Dutch and English, knowledge of a third language is a plus
Let's make impact. Apply now!
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? You can apply by uploading your CV, motivation and lists of marks from High school, Bachelor and Master. At Deloitte, we welcome all people who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? For the answers, contact Senior Recruiter Annick van Hattem on +31 (0) 88 288 6389.