Helping retail organizations to navigate the future with confidence, by making clear, timely and inspirational strategic choices that deliver growth in a dynamic, disrupted world. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
This is an opportunity to join the Retail sector team within Deloitte Consulting NL, with a specific focus on our retail clients, where you will combine strategic thinking with hands-on practicality to diagnose and help solve our retail clients’ most critical challenges and opportunities.
Our team works with high profile retailers across all major sectors, from supermarkets to online specialists, and our clients rely on us to help them across a wide portfolio of challenges, which can range from deriving more value from physical stores with advanced analytics, through to redefining marketing functions, through to large-scale global business and technology transformation programs and post-merger integrations.
As Senior Manager you will lead joint teams of Deloitte and client team-members, to help our retail clients with their transformation agendas, ranging from large-scale enterprise-wide transformations, to optimizing specific domains of the retail value chain. You will be a strong relationship builder, focusing on building meaningful and lasting relationships with the retail leaders of today and tomorrow. You will be an excellent project manager, with strong retail expertise and experience, and you will be very passionate about retail . In addition, you will help manage, lead and inspire our retail practice and part of an active global Deloitte retail community.
This is how
- Inspire, coach and support our retail clients, focusing on building trust;
- Bring the best of Deloitte’s global capabilities to our clients, in combination with your your own skills and those of your local colleagues;
- Position, sell and deliver complex consulting projects that make an impact that matters to our clients;
- Manage, coach, and inspire our younger consultants, and collaborative with your peers and your clients;
- Deliver (complex) retail transformations programs successfully;
- Stay up to date on key retail trends and themes, with well-informed perspectives.
You will commonly be at our clients’ locations, with a personal base at the Edge in Amsterdam. You will be part of 1,500 person team of Deloitte Consultants, with a specific smaller retail team.
What we offer
- Exciting projects, exciting clients, highly talented and motivated colleagues, fun, energy, passion, constant challenge and learning!
- Collaborative, empowering, inclusive and supportive culture;
- Great career opportunities; the potential to grow and progress as fast you are develop yourself;
- Development program that maximises your personal development and growth;
- Excellent mobility scheme: choice of a lease car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe or a cash option, an annual public transport subscription or a travel allowance;
- In addition to a competitive fixed salary, you earn a share of the profit;
- 26 vacation days per year, and the possibility to purchase 15 vacation days per year;
- a 40-hour working week;
- Possibility to take a further month of (unpaid) leave every year;
- Laptop and an iPhone, which you can also use privately;
- Good pension scheme;
- Possibility to participate in the collective health insurance scheme;
- Possibility to benefit from tax-attractive matters, such as company fitness and a bicycle plan.
What you offer
You are sharp, analytical, empathetic, stress-resilient and focused on substance - a real high-flyer! You understand that our clients and our people are most important. To achieve this, you set the bar high for your colleagues and yourself. You have the necessary skills to achieve this result in collaboration with many stakeholders (in the Netherlands and abroad). You also have the following qualities for the position of (Sr) Manager:
- Proven passion, experience and expertise for retail;
- University degree and / or MBA combined with a career path that highlights a strategic and ambition;
- Between 7 and 12 years of relevant work experience, the majority of which in consulting and / or retail (combination a strong preference);
- Analytical and interpersonal excellence, as well as demonstrated leadership;
- Proven record in delivering projects and programs to or above expectation;
- Experience in managing cross-functional teams/ project groups;
- Excellent storytelling / storyboarding skills;
- Excellent command of written and spoken Dutch and English.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. We are passionate about retail, about constantly developing ourselves, about taking care of each other, and about making an impact that matters with our retail clients. Are you similar? We’d really love to hear from you!