A practical approach for your thesis: optimize processes using innovative technologies and go through a lightning fast development in this field. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
Are you in the final phase of your Master’s and interested in a challenging internship? Are you looking for excellent support, practical insights and a fascinating working environment? On top of this, do you want your thesis results to be applied in practice, at leading clients? Then Deloitte Consulting is the right place for you to go!
When writing your thesis at Operations Strategy & Transformation your research will focus on identifying, studying, and validating the priorities on the agenda of our clients (or target clients) in the COO domain and on mapping the stimuli and barriers these clients experience when defining and realising their operational objectives.
Deloitte will provide intensive support through an experienced consultant with expertise in your field of research. You will have access to the Deloitte network, too, so your thesis will benefit from practical input while you gain experience within the Consulting practice at the same time. As a thesis intern you will be fully involved in all team activities of the Business Process Transformation Team. You will have the opportunity to meet all consultants in the team, from those who have started only recently to the highly experienced ones. And it allows you to properly assess whether Deloitte it the ideal employer for you.
This is how
The Business Process Transformation Team focuses on (re)designing, transforming, and smoothing out vital client processes. We design the operational strategy and help clients put this into practice, improve their operations and add direct value for our clients’ clients. We know the technology trends in analysing performances, identify improvement initiatives and implement them in the largest companies in a variety of industries.
We have listed the following subjects as examples for your research topic. Together we will eventually formulate an appropriate research topic, aligning with everyone’s wishes: you, the university, and Deloitte.
- Which current (market and technology) developments are top of mind of the COO positions in banks and are there any differences per domain/organisation/and so on?
- What do clients perceive to be the impact of current (market and technology) developments on the traditional way of structuring and improving Operations?
- What are the COO positions’ main considerations and dilemmas when defining the operational objectives?
- Issues involving the digitalisation of manufacturing (Industry 4.0). This may involve strategic topics such as the success and fail factors of the digital transformation of manufacturing processes, but also a technological approach to specific topics such as asset tracking, predictive maintenance, real-time monitoring of manufacturing processes, additive manufacturing, and robotics.
- Issues regarding the future of work, health mobility or banking and the expected impact on the operations domain.
Roy Heijnsdijk (Junior Consultant): “Deloitte has analysed the existing policy handling process for a large insurer and accurately mapped its details. The process still required a lot of manual work, using old IT systems. We used software robots to automate the employees’ physical tasks in these systems and created a testing ground for this innovative technology within the insurer’s organisation, in which a host of application options are examined. As we performed this project with two people, I immediately had a lot of responsibility. My activities involved analysing the current process, design a new robotised process together with the client, building and testing the software robot, and reporting the progress to the client’s management team".
Deloitte is the largest organisation in Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, and Tax & Legal in the Netherlands. We employ more than 1,500 consultants. You will be sharing your Operations Transformation expertise with Business Operations in Amsterdam.
Deloitte Consulting sets great store on innovation and personal development. Consulting obviously makes a strong impact, too: see an example here.
We strongly emphasise learning and support you in making your thesis a success. You will get to know your colleagues very rapidly during one of the many team events or regular Friday afternoon drinks!
Our working atmosphere is described as follows:
Consultant Bram Feijen: “I think the very best thing about working at Deloitte are the really cool colleagues I work with. They have become friends of me by now.”
Service Line Leader Karen van Monsjou: “You get the chance to work for incredibly fine clients and join the strategic thought process about the course an organisation will be taking.”
What we offer
- apart from a fixed internship pay, you will be issued a laptop and, if applicable, Deloitte will pay you a travel allowance;
- flexible working hours;
- intensive support from an experienced consultant with expertise in your field of research and access to the Deloitte network;
- a learning programme you can use and through which you can develop yourself continuously;
- a coach with whom you collaborate to develop your soft and hard skills;
- the possibility to really get to know Deloitte Consulting and the Business Process Transformation Team!
What you offer
You are not afraid to try out new things through a trial-and-error process, and thus to learn continuously. What’s more, your qualifications for this vacancy for someone writing their thesis are:
- a completed Bachelor’s degree - you are in the final phase of your Master’s at a Dutch University;
- available per April or May;
- excellent academic results and secondary school grades (pre-university education ‑ “VWO”), you have completed your science subjects with above-average grades;
- you are interested in consultancy and process optimisation, as can be seen from your field of study, internships, and any work experience you may have;
- you are in the final Master’s phase of your university education, preferably in a commercial or technical direction;
- strong analytical skills and capable of solving problems based on data analysis;
- extracurricular activities, such as an active position in (or on the board of) a student association or sports club;
- proficient in English, verbally and in writing.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
Can you identify with this profile? You can apply by uploading your CV, motivation and list of grades of your pre-university education, Bachelor’s degree and your Master’s (up to now). Deloitte welcomes everyone who have quality and ambition. So, we are very curious about who you are.
Questions? You can contact Recruiter Marlou Tuijl via +31 (0)6 50088403.