Build broad Strategy & Operations consulting expertise while solving complex problems for industry-leading clients. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
Do you want to discover your potential at Deloitte Consulting? Our consultants help clients to win, by solving their toughest and most complex business problems. Within Consulting, we focus on translating the strategy to business operations by guiding digital business transformations and operational improvement projects.
Next to our regular Consulting vacancies we offer a Strategy & Operations Traineeship, which is the opportunity to learn more about the different teams within Deloitte. As a Strategy & Operations Trainee, you will work directly with clients on challenging consulting projects to design ‘out of the box’ solutions and rapidly develop yourself in a challenging environment. The traineeship will start in September 2020.
This is how
- In three periods of 6 months, you will work in 3 teams of Deloitte Consulting to deliver challenging projects for industry-leading (international) clients;
- you are the enabler of your own career; together with a coach you will set your learning goals and develop your personal development plan;
- together with the other S&O Trainees, you will participate in a tailored learning program, ensuring a kick-start of your career;
- working at Deloitte means: ‘Work hard, play hard’. Besides working at exciting projects, there are plenty of opportunities for teaming and fun (both within & outside the Traineeship program);
- you will “learn on the job” about Deloitte’s methodology, while working closely with your project manager and other team members in multidisciplinary teams, at a wide range of different types of clients;
- after completing the S&O Traineeship, you will – together with your coach, and the leads of the three teams – define in which team you will continue to further shape your career.
In a total period of 18 months you get to know three teams within our Consulting practice:
- Business Model Transformation (BMT): BMT provides support to clients from strategy through implementation. Analyzing and designing business- and operating models, operational cost structures, sourcing models and location strategies. Our consultants are optimizing and implementing these together with the client, to make their strategies reality. Please click here for more information about Business Model Transformation
- Business Process Transformation: The Business Process Transformation team has deep understanding of the core operations of our clients’ organizations across different industries. Using data driven tools and with the latest Artificial Intelligence technologies they help clients to improve and optimize their core processes. Please click here for more information about Business Process Transformation
- Supply Chain Strategy: The Supply Chain Strategy team focuses on delivering challenging projects across the full scope of the supply chain. Typical projects are in the areas of supply chain strategy, network (re-)design, supply chain planning, logistics & distribution, and sourcing & procurement. We are based in Amsterdam, but you will be expected to serve clients across the globe. Please click here for more information about Supply Chain Strategy.
At Deloitte, the largest organisation in the field of Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal and Audit and Assurance. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
You share your expertise with the 1500 colleagues of our Consulting department in Amsterdam. In this department, innovation and personal development are very important. Of course, Consulting also has a major impact: see an example here.
“We treat one another in a very relaxed way, and everyone talks to everyone, whether you’re a Partner or a Trainee. At the coffee machine, but especially during our Friday afternoon drinks, and our our yearly ski trip.”
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits;
- great growth opportunities. Depending on your ambitions and performance, growth into a new role every 2 to 3 years;
- a development program that helps you keep developing;
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- a 40-hour working week;
- the opportunity to take a month of paid leave once annually;
- a good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which is also for personal use;
- a good pension scheme;
- an opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- an opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme.
What you offer
- completed a relevant university Master’s degree (e.g. Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Business Administration, or a Technical Master’s degree);
- achieved excellent grades throughout your academic and high school (VWO) career;
- engaged in extracurricular activities next to your studies, such as an active (board)membership in a student association or sports club;
- interest in Strategy & Operations (and Consulting) is reflected in your choice for study, internship or previous work experience;
- strong analytical skills and systematic problem solving skills;
- excellent interpersonal- and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams;
- eager to learn and enjoy finding new ways to solving complex problems;
- continuously challenge yourself and strive to maximize your impact in your studies, work and/or on society;
- able to communicate complex ideas and analyses effectively; Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are a plus;
- open to international projects and you have feeling for cultural diversity in a work environment;
- fluent in Dutch and English; knowledge of a third language is a plus.
Let's mke impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position before the 10th of May. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Please do not forget to provide us with all your grade lists (vwo until master).
Questions? For answers, please contact Recruiter Marlou Tuijl.