What impact will you make?
As an all-round Cloud expert, we would like you to join Deloitte on her journey towards the Cloud. We offer you a challenging and evolving environment where you can make an personal impact. As a crucial member of our DevOps team you will be working on the challenges of moving our applications and datacenter to the Cloud, automate as much as we can and at the same time fulfill the expectations of our clients that applications are always available, flawlessly and seamlessly working.
You’re qualified and experienced in all things Cloud offers and want to stay at the forefront of distributed computing. You love the business impact of technologies and you help your peers connect the dots.
Does this sounds like an appealing challenge to you, then join us because that’s the opportunity we’re offering
This is how
Deloitte IT Services is looking for (Senior) Cloud Engineers who are passionate about building and deploying applications at scale on cloud platforms. You will have a background in the design, automation, deployment and operation of cloud applications and infrastructure.
In this role you will work cross-border with our business and supporting functions. You will architect, build or can be the scrum-master when you as part a cloud devops team deliver solutions using a wide range of technologies and the full range of multi cloud services, working alongside people with a diverse range of skillsets.
Your role will have multiple responsibilities depending on the project type. In one project you might work together with development team to build an application optimized for the cloud, using automation to test and deploy the application into production. In another project you might convert manual runbook or provisioning processes and automate using tools such as Azure DevOps (formally known as VSTS). From an operations perspective, you will be required to set up monitoring and alerting for Azure workloads.
Just a few examples of what we see as part of this role:
- Develop cloud architecture and solutions optimized for cloud platforms.
- Develop scripts to automate the deployment of Azure architecture and solutions
- Optimize, maintain and support the cloud services platform.
- Monitor and maintain multiple Azure solutions to meet project requirements
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge within Deloitte cloud teams
- Identify new tools and process to improve the cloud platform and automate processes
With offices across the Netherlands and more than 6000 employees Deloitte is a leading organization in the field of Audit, Tax, Consulting, Financial Advisory Services and Risk Services. Innovation and initiative are key.
Deloitte IT, with about 160 employees, provides information and communication technology, online services, access systems, audio-visual equipment, building management, facilities management and cabling for all Deloitte departments. IT professionals like to work with us because of innovative character of our activities. Our culture is described as dynamic, informal, innovative, social, international, team-oriented, results-oriented and challenging.
Please, check our IT department video to get an impression.
What we offer
- A flexible work location in Rotterdam or Amsterdam
- Working with ambitious colleagues in multidisciplinary and international teams
- An open and innovative culture
- Great growth opportunities.
- Personal development and educational programs;
- A 32 or 40-hour working week;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually and the possibility to buy 15 extra leave days per year
- A good mobility scheme:
- A good pension scheme;
- An opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which are also for personal use;
- An opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme.
What you offer
- Ability to build infrastructure for enterprise applications and solutions using Azure
- Experience of automation and provisioning approaches, using tools such as PowerShell, Azure DevOps, ARM.
- In depth knowledge of configuring and managing Windows (and Linux) environments
- Knowledge of agile software development tools and methodologies (Azure DevOps Continuous integration, GIT, Jenkins, Splunk etc.)
- Ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge to other team members
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communicator and decision maker
- Be willing to submit to BPSS and Security Clearance (SC) vetting processes
- Passionate about Cloud
Experience in the following is desirable:
- Cloud Solution Architect certification (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- Building and administrating cloud solutions on azure
- Proven Scripting or programming experience (PowerShell, python, etc.)
- Proven Experience of microservices and container-based systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Linux and/or Windows sysadmin certification (e.g. RHCE)
- Experience of agile project management approaches and tools (e.g. Azure DevOps, Jira/Confluence)
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? For answers, please contact Senior Recruiter Eveline Stam via +31 88 288 7509