Your role as a Big Data Engineer
Our clients are faced with a Big Data revolution: caused by an exceptional growth of data from transactions, CRM, sensors and social media. Interesting insights can be made out of the increasing structured and unstructured data sources. According to Gartner, Deloitte is one of the leading service providers in the area of Big Data Analytics.
To be able to store and analyse Big Data of our clients and obtain the maximum value out of it, you advise them on how to design and develop their future data architecture. Depending on the customers demand this can be by creating a real time report and dashboard and/or combining different internal and external sources. During these projects you will be both working on a technical solution and managing teams. To give the best advice to the client, you will act in multidisciplinary teams, built-up out of the other expert service lines within Deloitte. For example, you will be working in projects that focus on Customer Analytics, Finance, Supply Chain and/or Workforce Analytics in various sectors and industries.
Watch and learn how an Big Data Management consultant at Deloitte makes an impact on our clients:
Are you challenged by the above job description? Then we will be happy to meet you! You should also meet the following conditions
- Graduated with a Master’s degree (like Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Science or Technical Business Administration);
- You have 3 to 6 years of experience in a Big Data / Analytics environment
- During your working career you have gained practical knowledge of one or more of the following relevant technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce).
- You are familiar with concepts like Data Warehousing, Data Lakes and the use of database platforms and tools like Oracle, Informatica, MS SQL Server
- You have good communication skills and are capable of providing appropriate solutions in consultation with the client;
- You have an excellent command of the English language;
- You are driven, ambitious, you don’t let go of challenges until there is a solution, and you show involvement at the creation of a solution in practice
- Relevant certificates (Spark, Hadoop / Cloudera or CBIP) is a plus
The Analytics and Information Management Team
With offices throughout the Netherlands and more than 5500 employees, Deloitte is a leading organization in the field of Consulting, Audit, Tax and Financial Advisory Services.
Our Analytics & Information Management team is part of the Technology service area within Deloitte Consulting. We provide advisory and strategic services, and we implement performance management, business intelligence and other sophisticated analytical applications. Our primary focus in this respect is on the added value for the business, supported - but not hampered - by technology and innovation, allowing us to convert everyday information into actionable insights.
Within the Analytics & Information Management service line we have a Big Data Management team with subject matter experts that specifically focus on the use of Big Data and its usability for our clients.
What does Deloitte offer you?
At Deloitte you will offer solutions for our customers’ challenges, while subsequently working on your own career and personal growth ambitions. The following will help you do this:
- You work with ambitious, highly educated colleagues in multidisciplinary and international teams
- We are a down to earth organization and have an informal team (also outside of working hours)
- We offer an open and innovative culture with lots of room for own initiative
- Our working conditions fit your ambitions and needs, like a market aligned lease arrangement, a laptop and an iPhone
- As talent you will get all freedom and support for a steep learning curve and acceleration in your career. Next to this, we help you where possible, provide a balanced training program, a fitting competence model and a counselor