What impact will you make?
Our clients are faced with a Big Data revolution: caused by an exceptional growth of data from transactions, CRM, sensors and social media. Interesting insights can be made out of the increasing structured and unstructured data sources. According to Gartner, Deloitte is one of the leading service providers in the area of Big Data Analytics.
This is how
To be able to store and analyse Big Data of our clients and obtain the maximum value out of it, You advise them on how to design and develop their future data architecture. Depending on the customers demand this can be by creating a real time report and dashboard and/or combining different internal and external sources. During these projects you will be both working on a technical solution and managing teams. To give the best advice to the client, you will act in multidisciplinary teams, built-up out of the other expert service lines within Deloitte. For example, you will be working in projects that focus on Customer Analytics, Finance, Supply Chain and/or Workforce Analytics in various sectors and industries
As Big Data Engineer you will be part of the Analytics & Information Management service line. Which is part of Technology in Deloitte Consulting, the largest Consultancy practice worldwide.
Technology Consulting supports leading public and private clients on the intersection of Business and IT. We provide thought leadership to our clients as we formulate and implement complex high level IT-strategies, help draft a business-, information-, but also technical-architecture, enterprise content management, business intelligence, internet technology and custom system development. Furthermore we conduct project management, enterprise portfolio management and set-up an independent and intelligent project management office.
In the Analytics & Information Management service line, we provide consulting, strategy and implementation services in the field of performance management, business intelligence and other advance analytics applications. Primarily we focus us on the added value for the business so that we can convert daily information into ‘actionable insights’. Hereby we see technology and innovation as an added value, not a constraint. Within the Analytics & Information Management service line we have a Big Data Management team with subject matter experts that specifically focus on the use of Big Data and its usability for our clients.
Our colleagues at work:
What we offer
- You work with ambitious, highly educated colleagues in multidisciplinary and international teams
- We are a down to earth organization and have an informal team (also outside of working hours)
- We offer an open and innovative culture with lots of room for own initiative
- Our working conditions fit your ambitions and needs, like a market aligned lease arrangement, a laptop and an iPhone
- As talent you will get all freedom and support for a steep learning curve and acceleration in your career. Next to this, we help you where possible, provide a balanced training program, a fitting competence model and a counselor
What you offer
- Graduated with a Master’s degree (like Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Science or Technical Business Administration);
- You have 3 to 6 years of experience in a Big Data / Analytics environment
- During your working career you have gained practical knowledge of one or more of the following relevant technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce).
- You are familiar with concepts like Data Warehousing, Data Lakes and the use of database platforms and tools like Oracle, Informatica, MS SQL Server
- You have good communication skills and are capable of providing appropriate solutions in consultation with the client;
- You have an excellent command of the English language;
- You are driven, ambitious, you don’t let go of challenges until there is a solution, and you show involvement at the creation of a solution in practice
- Relevant certificates (Spark, Hadoop / Cloudera or CBIP) is a plus
Lets make impact. Apply now!
Please contact us today for an introduction. Click on the button below and fill in your personal information.
If this position does not fit you, and you know someone who fits perfectly to the outlined profile, please forward the vacancy.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.