Your role as a Big Data Manager
Do you like working with new big data platforms like Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce? Are you ready for the challenge to help our clients with their exponentially growing structured and unstructured data? Are you able to distill new business insights by combining data form many different sources? According to Gartner, Deloitte is one of the leading providers of professional services related to big data analytics.
You will help our clients in the design and organization of their future data architecture in order to obtain the maximum value from all relevant data available. Depending on the customer’s needs this could be realized by creating real time reports and dashboards and/or combining different internal and external data sources. You will be working side by side with other experts from Deloitte in order to come to a multidisciplinary perspective and solution. While doing so, you will for example be working on projects in the area of Customer Analytics, Finance, Supply Chain and/or Workforce Analytics in different sectors and industries.
At Deloitte Consulting, the world’s biggest Consulting practice, you will advise top notch companies on the areas of growth, innovation, and strategy. You will see infinite opportunities for your customers. As business or IT-talent you are able to think of ‘out of the box’ solutions that lead to the best results, formulated in clear goals and realistic planning for your projects.
Your profile conceptueel and independent
Does the job description come across as challenging to you? Then we will be happy to meet you! You also meet the following conditions:
- 6 to 10 years of relevant working experience in a Big Data / Analytics environment as an Architect, Project Manager, and/or Analyst;
- Your level of thinking and working is academic, and additional relevant education and experience in the consultancy is a plus;
- Strong affinity with solving project-based business problems;
- Demonstrable experience with sustaining and extending a relationship with clients;
- Be a project manager with ambition;
- Be responsible for sales and delivery of advisory jobs;
- Thorough knowledge and experience with one or several of the following relevant technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce). Furthermore, you are familiar with concepts such as Data Warehousing, Data Lakes, and the use of database platforms and tools such as Oracle, Informatica PowerCenter, and MS SQL Server.
- Relevant certificates (Spark, Hadoop / Cloudera or CBIP) are a plus.
- You have an excellent command of Dutch and English language.
Your area of activity within Analytics and Information Management
The service area Technology advises clients that are considered leaders in the public- as well as the private sector. Within the full scope of IT advisory we occupy ourselves with formulating and implementing complex high level IT strategies, development of a business-, information-, but also a technical architecture, enterprise content management, Business Intelligence, Internet technology, and tailored system development. Our overarching activities include program management, enterprise portfolio management, and designing independent and intelligent project management offices.
The Analytics & Information Management Service Line
Part of the technology service area is the Analytics & Information Management service line. Within the service line we deliver professional services related to advisory, strategy, and implementation in the area of performance management, business intelligence, and other advanced analytical applications. We primarily focus on the added value for the business supported, but not limited, by technology and innovation. This in order to translate data and everyday information into ‘actionable insights’.
The Analytics & Information Management (AIM) team consists of three main disciplines: Big Data Management (BDM), Advanced Analytics (AA) and Data Discovery & Visualisation (DDV). These teams represent our main skills and specialism but do not limit us in how individual team members can excel and master traits. They enable AIM to tackle all kind of data and information business challenges. The teams work in close collaboration with each other and other service lines.
- Big Data Management: focusses on processing huge amounts of external and internal data (volume), preferably in real time (Velocity) and in a structured and unstructured form (Variety).
- Advanced Analytics: Takes and static approach in creating a deeper understanding of data. This includes the use of methodologies such as Machine Learning, Clustering & Segmentation, Text Mining and Process Mining.
- Data Discovery & Visualisation: Professions in getting across the business message by means of KPI Dashboarding, Advanced Visualisation and Storytelling with data.
Our colleagues at work:
What does Deloitte offer you?
At Deloitte you will offer solutions to aid our customers’ in the challenges they face, while subsequently working on your own career and personal growth ambitions. The following will help you do this:
- You work with ambitious, highly educated colleagues in multidisciplinary and international teams;
- We are a down to earth organization and have an informal team (also outside of working hours);
- We offer an open and innovative culture with lots of room for own initiative;
- Our working conditions fit your ambitions and needs, like a market aligned lease arrangement, a laptop and an iPhone;
- As talent you will get all freedom and support for a steep learning curve and acceleration in your career. Next to this, we help you where possible, provide a balanced training program, a fitting competence model and a counselor.