Providing valuable insights for management and support them to drive business performance. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
Achieving sustainable growth is a main objective of Clients & Industries (C&I) and ensures that our purpose is embedded in our offerings to assist our clients to more responsible business. Based on your knowledge and analysis you, as a Business Controller, support C&I leadership achieving the goals with respect to a balanced and diverse portfolio, where growth is achieved in advisory through our global MDM platforms. Furthermore you will lead and/or participate in (finance) projects driving process improvements while making use of innovative technology e.g. on introducing the ecosystem lens on financials which crosses all Industries and Businesses.
This is how
- managing the Planning & Control cycle, making sure that strategic goals are embedded;
- preparing reports that include your (ad hoc) analyses and key attention points for management and other key stakeholders;
- working closely together with management and key-stakeholders to increase your knowledge of (market) initiatives and ecosystems. This will also form the basis to advise on process and financial improvement initiatives;
- monitoring your business financials (cost accounting/controlling) making sure an audit can be done smoothly;
At Deloitte, the largest organisation in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
You share your expertise with the 22 colleagues of our Finance & Control department in Amsterdam and Rotterdam. In this department, innovation and personal development are very important. We also expect further alignment of the business and finance together in the newly formed North South Europe firm combination.
Frank Kneefel (Manager Finance & Control) describes our working atmosphere as follows:
“We have an open culture where individuals enjoy a significant level of flexibility to manage their work. We are supportive to our colleagues and help them whenever possible. We listen to your ideas independent whether you are a junior employee or a partner.”
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits;
- a development program that helps you keep developing;
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- a 40-hour working week;
- a good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which is also for personal use;
- a good pension scheme;
- an opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- an opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme.
What you offer
When it comes to the technicalities of the job, you're open minded yet solution oriented. You bring a sound track record and are able to make the transition from finance to the business to build and support leadership to expand their business while introducing further process and control improvements. At the same time, you're able to inspire and motivate the team to deliver excellent results. You have the courage to try new things and keep learning, even if there are setbacks along the way. For the role of Business Controller C&I, you also have:
- a university or bachelor's degree in finance (business economics / accountancy);
- at least 5- 7 years of relevant working experience in a management accounting/controller role;
- excellent knowledge of MSOffice and preferably Tableau and SAP;
- knowledge of IFRS (revenue recognition) is a plus;
- an excellent command of written and spoken Dutch and English.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? For answers, please contact Senior Recruiter Nienke de Vos on +31 88 288 39 03.