Developing commercial arrangements for our largest and most strategic sales opportunities.
What impact will you make?
An exciting opportunity to develop commercial arrangements for Deloitte Consulting’s largest and most complex deals, with our most important clients. Working with the client service team and the PCoE team (including a pursuit coach, lead, writer, and designer), you will help win business and enhance margin through smart pricing, commercial solutions, and negotiation expertise. You will be engaged in a diverse range of commercial challenges; from bids, enhancing profitability on key accounts and framework rate card negotiations, through to advising on commercial propositions for new services and being the commercial “knowledgebase” for the Consulting business.
Deloitte has established a clear vision to become the undisputed leader in professional services. The Pursuit Centre of Excellence (PCoE) strategy is a key enabler of this vision; aiming to build enviable client loyalty with the largest and most influential clients, in our chosen markets, such that these clients will turn first to Deloitte when faced with a major challenge.
The Commercial Deal Shaper will help win deals and improve profitability through compelling pricing and commercial propositions for our clients. This individual will provide expert advice on all commercial aspects of the firm’s client proposals, with a primary focus on higher value, more complex deals, and the firm’s most important clients.
A major part of your role is to respond to our clients’ requirements and challenges by providing commercial solutions that our clients value. As a Director, you will work closely with the Partners and Directors for our major accounts to shape commercials arrangements both for individual engagements and when negotiating rate cards and commercial incentives at a client account level. The Commercial Deal Shaper will also be responsible for gathering information regarding the competitiveness of the Deloitte offering and understanding the latest trends in our competitor’s approaches.
The Commercial Deal Shaper is a part of the PCoE. The PCoE supports the Consulting business on the highest priority deals, providing a tailored bid support service, with commercial support being a key aspect of service provided. Many of our larger deals and framework negotiations also involve working with Deloitte member firms in other countries on complex, multi-year negotiations with global clients, providing a diverse geographical aspect to the role.
The team operates across all industries, with a focus on building relationships, knowledge and insights regarding the different commercial environment each industry presents. The team also provides advice and support on the pricing and commercials for new products, services or solutions developed by Deloitte.
This is how
- developing the pricing and commercial propositions for bids and proposals, to demonstrate greatest value to clients, enhance margin and win more deals;
- directly negotiating the more complex and challenging commercial arrangements with our clients for both account level framework arrangements and specific bids and opportunities;
- helping account teams to design and implement commercial strategies to enhance profitability and grow revenues for Deloitte’s most important clients;
- providing expert insight on how to best engage with client procurement teams and procurement processes;
- supporting the development of commercial expertise across the firm through knowledge sharing, guidance and best practice deployed by the team;
- keeping abreast of industry pricing and commercial trends;
- providing new ideas on value adding commercial activities for Deloitte;
- liaising with the wider Global Commercial Community across the firm;
- contributing to a high performing team and bringing ideas to shape how the Commercial team plays its part in driving business success.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 1500 colleagues in Consulting. You will share your expertise in the Pursuit Centre of Excellence in Amsterdam. You will be part of a fully embedded sales team, the PCoE, working side-by-side with client service pursuit teams to deliver a truly differentiated and winning approach to our priority opportunities.
The UK, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece and Malta), Ireland, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North & South Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
This opportunity will likely require up to 40% travel.
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, you earn a share of the profit;
- a development program that allows you to continue to develop;
- 26 vacation days per year and the possibility to purchase 15 vacation days per year;
- a 40-hour working week
- the possibility to take a month of (unpaid) leave every year;
- an excellent mobility scheme: choice of a lease car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe or a cash option, an annual public transport subscription or a travel allowance;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which you can also use privately;
- an superb pension scheme;
- flexible working hours and the ability to work from home;
- the possibility to participate in the collective health insurance scheme;
- the possibility to benefit from tax-attractive matters, such as company fitness and a bicycle plan.
What you offer
You want to achieve the best results for the clients. In doing so you set the bar high for yourself and your colleagues, and you have the skills to realize this result in collaboration with many different stakeholders involved (in the Netherlands and abroad). In addition, you meet the following requirements;
- Bachelor's degree;
- proven commercial skills in structuring and negotiating different pricing arrangements as well as the key components of a deal that can enhance profitability;
- experience working in a senior commercial role with ‘deal shaping’ expertise for complex commercial opportunities in a professional services context;
- excellent commercial negotiation skills and experience for both individual deals and framework agreements (e.g. account level rate cards) for client accounts;
- experience with writing commercial terms for inclusion in contractual documentation;
- numerate, competent in the use of excel;
- excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, with gravitas, confidence and credibility to engage with partners;
- experience dealing with senior client decision makers, sponsors and procurement teams;
- strong team player with a collegiate style who enjoys working, collaborating and having fun with team-mates;
Let's make an impact. Apply now!
We are looking forward to receive your application for this position. At Deloitte we are open to all people who bring quality and ambition. We are therefore curious who you are.
Questions? For the answers, contact Senior Recruiter Annick van Hattem on +31 (0) 88 288 63 89