Working as a Consultant Finance Transformation
The Deloitte CFO Services Consultant is an experienced Finance Professional who comes up with the best solutions and sees endless opportunities for clients. He/she understands how insurers can survive in the current disruptive market where technological changes are increasing rapidly. The Deloitte Consultant is part of the biggest Consulting practice in the world. Specifically, operating in the Insurance Industry entails advising the large important Dutch insurers, but also allows for the opportunity to engage at international insurers.
The Deloitte Consultant works in multidisciplinary and international teams with knowledge and best practices sharing as key drivers. From day one, he/she works directly with the client on complex challenges of CF(R)O’s, Finance and Risk managers and business controllers. Examples of daily practice in the life of a CFO Services Consultant in the Insurance Industry are:
- Advising and implementing S4/HANA and other database technologies to realize a real-time enterprise suite for digital business functioning as a Central Finance platform;
- Change the Finance and Risk Function to a more data driven office by realizing a central data foundation and single insurance data-point model;
- Helping Finance Functions leverage the power of analytics and deliver much more than accurate financial statement and internal management reports through Finance Analytics;
- Supporting CFO with delivering forward-looking, predictive insights that help shape the business strategy and improve day-to-day decision-making with real time information;
- Advising and implementing Digital Finance with unlocking the potential value from digital disruptors as Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Cognitive Technologies and block chain;
- Advising on Vitality to focus on new skills at Finance personnel that lead to new capabilities and insights as a key requirement to enable the Digital Finance organisation.
The Deloitte CFO Services Consultant works in team, both for and with the client. This team consists of several disciplines and can consist of a mix of international professionals. Depending on the working level, project activities consist of:
- Relationship management with key client contacts;
- Writing proposals and doing sales pitches;
- Independently managing or executing of a program and/or (sub)project;
- Preparing and facilitating workshops;
- Providing advice to the client;
- Implementing presented advice;
- Contributing to Deloitte-propositions and methodologies.
The Deloitte CFO Consulting profile: analytical and result-oriented
If the Deloitte CFO Consulting profile above matches and challenges you, we would very much like to meet you! Furthermore, you meet the following criteria:
- You finished a business economics or business administration study on academic level. A postdoctoral study is highly recommended;
- You have good communication and social skills;
- You are entrepreneurial, eager to learn and ambitious;
- You are result-oriented, take initiative and are able to switch quickly;
- Strong affinity with technological challenges within financial institutions and the possibilities of FinTech;
- You enjoy working in an international environment;
- You are capable of executing complex (multidisciplinary) projects;
- You speak fluently English.
For the more senior positions it is furthermore expected that:
- You have a broad network within the Insurance Industry;
- You have a track record in business development, sales and tenders;
- You have demonstrable experience as a consultant in finance or risk functions at insurers;
- You are capable to engage people and enjoy to help people further to develop themselves.