As a Consultant within the Operational Risk & Transformation (ORT) team you advise our clients about operational risk management issues. Most of the time you will be working together on projects that have a huge impact on the business operations of multinationals, financial institutions, major private institutions or public organizations. You are part of a young and ambitious team, assisting our clients in the variety of challenges they encounter in the operational risk management environment.
What will you be doing?
As member of the team you will develop your expertise in the field of operational risk management. Next to operational risk management in general, you will also be involved in project risk, project management, IT risks and various compliance issues. We cooperate with our clients to make the necessary changes in risk management processes, organizations and risk management frameworks. The goal is to, more efficiently and effectively, manage projects and monitor operational risks and controls.
In addition to the direct hours for our clients, you will actively engage in developing the Deloitte business. This includes working on sales proposals, writing or co-writing relevant articles and helping to organize HR activities. Quickly, you will be building a network in a challenging and dynamic environment. Furthermore, you will benefit from the knowledge and experience of your colleagues while at the same time being able to continuously improve your consulting skills. This will enhance your individual growth, both personally and professionally.
Our clients place ever greater demands on us. In order to match those demands we need to provide the best possible development of our staff. Therefore, as a consultant, you will start following the Development Program R(x). This program is one of the pillars for developing people and processes within Deloitte. You will be collaborating on four different projects within the field of Operational Risk over a two-year period. The field of Operational Risk encompasses four different teams:
2. Internal Audit
3. Operational Risk and Transformation + Extended Enterprise Risk Management
4. Technology and Data Risk
You will change projects every three to four months, in which your preference is key. Peer groups and trainings are among the opportunities you are offered to develop yourself into an all-round consultant. Following these two years you and your coach will assess the best path of the Deloitte facilitated follow-up trainings that fits best to you (such as RE, RA, RO).
In realizing organizational objectives, clients strongly focus on operational risk management. Our clients have a growing need for better support with managing both the internal and external risks they encounter on a daily basis. We also identify a growing demand from organizations to support them with large, complex transformations and change processes. The Operational Risk & Transformation (ORT) team responds to this accordingly and as a consultant you will advise organizations with complex issues in a dynamic and challenging environment, relating to one or more of the following focus areas:
- Risk Management: We advise our clients about risk strategy, risk appetite, and designing the risk management function. We also support our clients with optimization and control of financial, risk management and operational processes, integrated operational risk management, and control optimization.
- (IT) Project/Program Management & Review: We focus on efficient and effective implementation of program and project control. In this respect we devise ways to have (IT) systems and processes better align with business issues. Next to this, we analyze the current status and progress of large (IT) projects/programs and provide recommendations for a successful realization of the project/program objectives.
- IT Risk Management: We advise our clients on risk management when developing, procuring and managing IT systems and setting up the IT function. We cooperate closely with the client so we can continue to be in control in the most effective and efficiently way possible and thus sufficiently cover the risks to their business.
- Extended Enterprise Risk Management: We advise clients on anticipating and managing organization-wide risks (both IT and operational risks) associated with third parties, encompassing subjects like processes, technology and governance. We offer advisory and compliance services to ensure that contract partners observe contractual agreements and we optimize the value delivered by those third parties.
The diverse group of young ambitious consultants with different perspectives and educational backgrounds makes a dynamic atmosphere within the ORT team. This ensures an open culture with short communication lines, where everyone can learn from each other. We have ample attention for your personal development, offering you the opportunity to follow trainings, share knowledge with colleagues and continuously improve your skills. We hope you will join us to continue our department’s growth and seize all opportunities the market has to offer.
Are you challenged by the above job description? Then we will be happy to meet you! You should also meet the following conditions:
- You have a Master’s Degree, e.g. in Business Administration, (Business) Economics, Business & ICT, or Information Sciences.
- You have up to two years of work experience.
- Your other activities during your study have gained you experience in and knowledge of risk management, or at the very least this has peaked your interest.
- In addition, you have actively participated in a student/study association, board, committee or sports association.
- You have strong analytical and communicative skills.
- You are capable of working both independently and as a team player.
- You have a proactive and client‑friendly attitude and you will go to great lengths to deliver high quality work.
- You are proficient in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing.
When you work at Deloitte you try to solve the challenges that our clients face, while furthering your own career at the same time. We consider personal development to be key. You will be assigned to a personal coach and together you will manage your development progress. We arrange relevant trainings and courses, so our employees always have up-to-date knowledge and best techniques available. We thus want to encourage you in the best way possible to get the best out of yourself. Other reasons to choose for Deloitte:
- You work with ambitious, highly educated colleagues, in multidisciplinary and international teams;
- Our organization is accessible and we have an informal team (also outside working hours);
- We offer an open and innovative corporate culture with much space for your own initiatives;
- Our employment benefits suit your ambition and needs, such as a public transport or leased car scheme, a laptop, an iPhone, profit sharing and an excellent pension scheme;
- As a top talent you will have ample freedom and support to embark on a steep learning curve and start a fast career. We will also help you where we can, with a balanced training program, a customized competence model and a coach.
Word jij uitgedaagd door deze functie?
Neem dan vandaag nog contact met ons op voor een kennismaking. Klik op onderstaande button en vul je gegevens in.
Past de geschetste functie niet bij jou, maar ken je iemand die perfect in het geschetste profiel past? Stuur deze vacature dan door.
Voor vragen over deze vacature kun je bellen met Elise Guit op telefoonnummer 088-2888780.
Acquisitie op basis van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.