Ever seen the Big Short? It is the movie in which a group of investors predict the financial crisis and profit from the bubble. Ten years before the movie was released it would have looked like pure fiction but after the crisis, flaws in the system have come to light and financial institutions are held against higher standards by regulators. Our clients need to navigate through a complex landscape of regulations taking up a lot of time and resources. During the age of Machine Learning and RPA, this can be faster and better. That’s where we come in!
We use technology and analytics to help our clients to be the best, most efficient and most innovative version of themselves and to serve their customers at the top of their performance whilst being compliant. Our team provides organizations with the means to not just comply with current regulatory expectations but to keep the necessary edge to always stay a step ahead.
We use data analytics to detect and stop potentially unlawful actions before they pose a threat to the organization or society. Cool stuff, right?
It is! And we are now looking to expand our team. Join us in shaping the future!
What impact will you make?
In your role, you will be able to make a real difference by working with breakthrough technologies. You contribute to preventing non-compliance using your analytical skills. With the power of data analytics, you help solve complex issues that require an immediate response to a regulator or support organizations with developing and implementing data and technology-driven solutions to detect non-compliance.
You focus on continuous improvement of your skillset and the quality of your work. You will eventually become an expert in your field through training and on-the-job experience. While working on client engagements you are able to spot opportunities to improve the projects you work on. Within the team, you contribute to the development of team members, including interns, and working students.
Our team consists of about 50 professionals specializing in solving complex regulatory issues for our clients. The cooperation within our teams is informal, as is the general atmosphere. We help each other to get the best solutions for our clients. We are proud to have different professional backgrounds: lawyers and criminologists team up with mathematicians and finance professionals.
Due to this diversity, we can cover complex issues by combining regulatory experts’ knowledge with advanced analytics methods. We work together to support clients in anticipating and adapting to changes in the regulatory environment. We cover the entire lifecycle of regulatory risk: from strategy to compliance and response.
- Strategy: Help clients understand and anticipate to new laws and regulations. We do this by developing strategies, business structures and processes.
- Compliance: Support organisations in designing, evaluating and transforming processes, controls and infrastructure to be compliant with existing law and regulations and foster integrity. We believe that through compliance clients can maintain their business value - and even create a competitive advantage.
- Response: Help clients react to specific gaps in their regulatory compliance programs and make their compliance programs more efficient and smarter by using data and technology.
By joining our Regulatory Risk team, you’ll be part of the wider Risk Advisory practice. We are one of the leading risk consultancy practices in the Netherlands. Within Risk Advisory, we see risks as an opportunity to improve corporate performance. Innovation plays a crucial role in our offerings. You will experience different clients and work on a variety of topics. Our services are mainly performed from the Amsterdam office but many times you will also be working on site at clients. Deloitte serves a global market and thus offers plenty of opportunities for working abroad.
What you offer:
As a consultant, you are eager to learn. With the guidance of an experienced Deloitte manager, you take ownership of part of an assignment. This could be acquiring the required data and develop an approach to get the answers. You are able to develop a piece of code and understand that in a lot of cases you need a second pair of eyes.
Ideally your profile would include the following:
- You have (almost) completed a quantitatively oriented university degree, such as (applied) mathematics, econometrics, physics or a quantitative specialization within the social sciences.
- You have experience with programming (knowledge of SQL, SAS, R, Python or Hadoop is an advantage).
- You operate well in a team, and you have a professional attitude.
- You can identify with characteristics such as analytical, independent, critical and result-oriented.
- You can complete projects under time pressure and you have the ambition to develop yourself.
- You have excellent proficiency in English; both verbally and in writing.
Let’s make an impact. Apply now!
If you want to work at the cutting edge between analytics and regulation, join us now. We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? For answers, please contact our recruiter Chris Wentink at 06-50055462.