Believe you can unleash the power of design within an integrated strategy, design and technology environment? Come and lead our design team. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
Our Customer Strategy and Applied Design (CSAD) team focuses on helping our clients grow their businesses and elevate the human experience of their customers, employees and partners. Our team collides the depth and discipline of Deloitte with the power of design by closely integrating commercial, design, technology and insight skills in our team. This ensures that we are bound by an entrepreneurial spirit and a hyper-focus on making a sustainable impact on society.
This is how
As a Creative Director and strategic designer, you’ll help drive the growth of our design practice as a part of strategy, innovation and technology transformations. We are looking for a highly engaged and experienced designer to lead the strategic design part of our business, which involves:
- collaborating with senior leadership to set the vision and strategic direction for our business;
- inspire the design team, colleagues and clients with human insight, design leadership and creative problem solving;
- contributing to building a culture where people are encouraged to develop, sometimes fail and always learn;
- mentor a talented team of designers with diverse backgrounds, and helping to shape how design and designers are utilized in our projects and programs;
- championing the value and impact of design amongst our internal Deloitte stakeholders;
- driving design related business development and setting the bar for quality and innovation when delivering upon these opportunities.
At Deloitte, the largest organisation in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
You will share your expertise with 65 colleagues of our Customer Strategy and Applied Design (CSAD) team in Amsterdam where we work out of The Garage, our innovation and co-creation space. This is a new Deloitte business, specifically focused on elevating the human experience by co-creating sustainable futures at speed and at scale. We leverage Deloitte’s globally leading depth and breadth to find meaningful ways of creating a lasting impact on our clients and society through three types of services:
- Customer Strategy: Drives precision growth by activating high return growth levers in our clients with deep customer insights at the heart
- Applied Innovation: Involves converting strategic direction into breakthrough offerings by designing, building and launching future-ready products, services, experiences and sometimes completely new ventures
- Customer Transformation: Unleashes value within our clients by fundamentally shifting the operating philosophy of their organization towards one of human-centricity, commercial agility and frontline empowerment
In this team, innovation and personal development are very important. Of course, Applied Design also has a major impact:
Partner Abby Godee describes our working atmosphere as follows:
“Design is about so much more than Design Thinking and user journeys. Our team is extremely multi-disciplinary by design. We’re excited about designing experiences in both the private and public sector as well as B2C and B2B. And finally, we’re dedicated to solving some of the most gnarly and complex problems to make a more sustainable future.”
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits;
- great growth opportunities. Depending on your ambitions and performance, you can grow into a new role every 2 to 3 years.
- a development program that helps you keep developing;
- a good pension scheme;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- a 32-40-hour working week;
- the opportunity to take a month of unpaid leave once a year;
- a good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- the opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which are also for personal use;
- the opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme.
What you offer
You have a tangible passion for design and user insight and the technology and trends shaping it. You are experienced at working in diverse, multi-disciplinary teams where not everyone understands the complete value of your craft. You are therefore good at communicating how you and our team can add value without lecturing. You show more than “tell” people how you can help. You’re a quick-thinker, personable, flexible and have a hands-on approach to getting things done. For the role of Creative Director you also have:
- a Bachelor or Master Degree;
- minimum of 8 years’ experience in a design leadership role, with an intimate and balanced understanding of UX, Design Research, Visual Design, Service Design and Product Strategy;
- experience working within a large organization to get stuff done quickly and with quality;
- experience in working specifically on digital product development (ecosystem and platform experience, working in lean start up or agile product development is a plus);
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to articulate complex solutions clearly;
- advanced Dutch and English proficiency, both written and spoken is essential to this role.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? For answers, please contact Senior Recruiter Consulting Lu Wie Hu on +31 88 288 72 95.
Note: To qualify for this position you must live in the Netherlands and have perfect command of the English and Dutch language.