Security breaches are reported in the news on a daily basis - these breaches can be in the forms of attacks on banks, industrial control systems, or on personal data. Threats and attacks as such on information and infrastructure are proving to be more tangible and complex than ever, and in this environment Deloitte’s clients trust us to support them in understanding, evaluating and mitigating risk in the field of information security.
Information security is not about focusing on details such as which firewall ports are open, how networks are zoned or which DLP tools are in use. Information security is about governing these subjects in an effective and efficient way within organizations. Our industry experts and experienced professionals assist our clients with approaches and support to allow them to make informed and intelligent decisions regarding information security.
As Cyber Advisory Consultant you will advise organizations on how to secure their critical information assets as well as their processes. On a strategic, tactical, and operational level you will also serve as the bridge between business and IT, levering the ability to communicate technical issues to the business or the C-level audience. Furthermore, you will aid organizations in designing and/or implementing processes that safeguard the continuity of the business when a major interruption or event occurs.
This is how
Our client engagements are diverse, ranging from quick security scans to strategic security transformations. Typical assignments include:
- Designing and implementing security strategies (including elements of change management based on organizational culture).
- Assessing the level of Information security, benchmarking the current maturity against existing maturity models. Based on this a transformation plan is created to reach the desired level of information security maturity.
- Implementing existing transformational plans.
- Supporting business continuity management, incident & crisis management and disaster recovery processes.
- Delivering Identity & Access management.
- Designing and implementing IT governance processes such as security management, change management and user access management
To facilitate an optimal start as a Cyber Advisory consultant, Deloitte offers a Cyber bootcamp that contains cyber-specific certifications such as CISM and CISSP, as well as soft skill trainings on topics such as slidewriting and effective communication. Deloitte believes in maintaining continuous training and education of our professionals; as such, you will, together with your manager, have the opportunity to develop a custom training program that fits your specific needs.
As a cyber advisory professional, you will have the opportunity to work across various geographical locations and contribute to projects with diverse consultants and clients, cultivating new experiences and skills from a broad range of organizational boundaries. From the very beginning our consultants will have the opportunity to undertake responsibilities within client projects for a steep learning curve, working with various aspects of cyber security, after which they will specialize. Deloitte supports the growth of our professionals through courses, trainings, and the provision of a mentor. Assignments will typically be based around multidisciplinary teams and peers for support and other mentoring opportunities. We expect a certain degree of independence, but consultants are not left alone.
Our professionals also enjoy plenty of opportunities to travel the world while working at Deloitte. Depending on your preferences, you may decide to work on various assignments outside of the Netherlands. It is possible to work for several weeks in another country, while others may prefer to work close to home.
At Deloitte, the largest organisation in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
You will share your expertise with more than 200 colleagues in the Cyber Risk team, from a wide range of backgrounds and personalities. The Cyber team is distinguished by its collegial and informal atmosphere and this environment is further emphasized by ample learning opportunities and constructive feedback on each other’s strengths and weaknesses. Via this link you can read more about Risk Advisory in general.
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits;
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;
- a good pension scheme;
- a development program that helps you keep developing;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- a 40-hour working week; We are also open to the option of a shorter working week;
- a time-for-time scheme for overtime;
- the opportunity to take a month of unpaid leave once a year;
- a good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- a laptop and an iPhone you can also use for personal purposes;
- the opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- the opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme;
- great growth opportunities: depending on your ambitions and performance, you can grow into a new role every 2 to 3 years.
What you offer
You understand the interaction between people, processes and technology. You can communicate to the CEO of a multinational corporation why investing in security is important for the business, or use your hacker mindset to create a strong information security policy. As a Cyber consultant you also:
- Have recently graduated university - preferably in degrees such as Industrial Engineering, (Business) Informatics, Information Science, Business & IT, Informatics & Economics, Information Management, Business Information Management or other equivalent study with a focus on Business and IT;
- Have excellent communication skills in English (both written and verbal), knowledge of Dutch is a plus;
- Are analytical, independent, critical and have a result-oriented attitude;
- Have strong interpersonal skills and a professional attitude, including the ability to develop relationships with clients as well as peers from diverse backgrounds;
- Have an affinity with IT processes and systems, and a good understanding of security risk management;
- Are able to perform at a consistently high quality under pressure and a drive to continuously improve;
- Are willing to travel. Depending on your own preferences and ambitions you will have the opportunities to gain experience in the Netherlands or abroad.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. We, at Deloitte, welcome everyone who can bring in more quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact Recruiter Deqa Warsame.