Security breaches are reported in the news on a daily basis - these breaches can be in the forms of attacks on banks, industrial control systems, or on personal data. Threats and attacks as such on information and infrastructure are proving to be more tangible and complex than ever, and in this environment Deloitte’s clients trust us to support them in understanding, evaluating and mitigating risk in the field of information security.
Information security is not about focusing on details such as which firewall ports are open, how networks are zoned or which DLP tools are in use. Information security is about governing these subjects in an effective and efficient way within organizations. Our industry experts and experienced professionals assist our clients with approaches and support to allow them to make informed and intelligent decisions regarding information security.
As Cyber Advisory Consultant you will advise organizations on how to secure their critical information assets as well as their processes. On a strategic, tactical, and operational level you will also serve as the bridge between business and IT, levering the ability to communicate technical issues to the business or the C-level audience. Furthermore, you will aid organizations in designing and/or implementing processes that safeguard the continuity of the business when a major interruption or event occurs.
Types of assignments
Our client engagements are diverse, ranging from quick security scans to strategic security transformations. Typical assignments include:
- Designing and implementing security strategies (including elements of change management based on organizational culture).
- Assessing the level of Information security, benchmarking the current maturity against existing maturity models. Based on this a transformation plan is created to reach the desired level of information security maturity.
- Implementing existing transformational plans.
- Supporting business continuity management, incident & crisis management and disaster recovery processes.
- Delivering Identity & Access management.
- Designing and implementing IT governance processes such as security management, change management and user access management
To facilitate an optimal start as a Cyber Advisory consultant, Deloitte offers a Cyber bootcamp that contains cyber-specific certifications such as CISM and CISSP, as well as soft skill trainings on topics such as slidewriting and effective communication. Deloitte believes in maintaining continuous training and education of our professionals; as such, you will, together with your manager, have the opportunity to develop a custom training program that fits your specific needs.
As a cyber advisory professional, you will have the opportunity to work across various geographical locations and contribute to projects with diverse consultants and clients, cultivating new experiences and skills from a broad range of organizational boundaries. From the very beginning our consultants will have the opportunity to undertake responsibilities within client projects for a steep learning curve, working with various aspects of cyber security, after which they will specialize. Deloitte supports the growth of our professionals through courses, trainings, and the provision of a mentor. Assignments will typically be based around multidisciplinary teams and peers for support and other mentoring opportunities. We expect a certain degree of independence, but consultants are not left alone.
Our professionals also enjoy plenty of opportunities to travel the world while working at Deloitte. Depending on your preferences, you may decide to work on various assignments outside of the Netherlands. It is possible to work for several weeks in another country, while others may prefer to work close to home.
What we are looking for
We are looking for new Cyber Security Consultants for our cyber team. Do you understand the interaction between people, processes and technology? Will you be able to communicate to the CEO of a multinational corporation why investing in security is important for the business? Can you use your hacker mindset to create a strong information security policy? Lastly, are you challenged by the job description above? Then we would love to meet you.
Successful candidates will have:
- Recently graduated university - preferably in degrees such as Industrial Engineering, (Business) Informatics, Information Science, Business & IT, Informatics & Economics, Information Management, Business Information Management or other equivalent study with a focus on Business and IT;
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and verbal), knowledge of Dutch is a plus;
- Analytical, independent, critical and result-oriented attitude;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a professional attitude, including the ability to develop relationships with clients as well as peers from diverse backgrounds;
- Affinity with IT processes and systems, and a good understanding of security risk management;
- Ability to perform at a consistently high quality under pressure and a drive to continuously improve;
- Willingness to travel. Depending on your own preferences and ambitions you will have the opportunities to gain experience in the Netherlands or abroad.
Deloitte’s Risk Advisory is comprised of approximately 600 professionals with diverse backgrounds. We service our clients in the fields of Reputation, Controls, Technology Enabled Solutions and Cyber Risk. Within these teams our professionals include, among others, data analysts, IT Risk consultants and Cyber Risk specialists. These complementary specializations allow us to support our clients in a broad spectrum of topics through interdisciplinary teams and bespoke solutions. We perform most of our work from the Amsterdam office.
The Cyber Advisory department under Cyber Risk is distinguished by its collegial and informal atmosphere, with about 160 professionals. Our professionals come from a wide range of backgrounds and personalities, and this environment is further emphasized by ample learning opportunities and constructive feedback on each other’s strengths and weaknesses. Given the strong growth of our practice, we are looking for new colleagues to join our team.
Your career path and working conditions
With several offices in the Netherlands and over 4,500 employees, Deloitte is a leading firm offering services in the fields of Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory Services. Our professionals are ambitious, highly educated and market leaders in various industries, and we work in an open and diverse environment with ample room for innovation and involvement. We offer our professionals competitive benefits such as a lease car arrangement, laptop, phone and an excellent pension scheme among others. High performance is rewarded accordingly with promotions, and we ensure that our professionals are able to achieve their own goals with a balanced learning program, a competency model and continuous feedback.