Your role as a Data Scientist
Do you have the broad analytical toolset to design and develop models and algorithms that draw information from structured and unstructured data? When working on projects, you will improve the performance of organizations by intelligently handling the data they have acquired over the years. You will be able to make a connection between our client’s needs and analytical methods such as supervised –and unsupervised machine learning algorithms. While making these connections you are able to translate your analytical findings to clear and understandable insights and advice in order to guide clients through the process of change.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team of Deloitte professionals. Examples of projects in which the Data Scientist is involved are:
- The creation of recommender systems such as suggesting a shopping basket for online shoppers browsing the catalogue of a supermarket.
- Employing segmentation techniques such as self-organizing maps to identify different groups of customers and/or products to assess which customer/product groups have the largest ROI.
- Classifying customer’s as potential churners in order to use more efficient marketing techniques.
- Using image recognition techniques such as the analysis of satellite images with neural networks to find specific objects.
- Predicting the duration and amount of resources needed to optimize workflow systems by employing process simulation techniques.
- Forecasting optimal routes for delivery services.
- Predicting student success based on information such as high school marks, age, and time of registration.
Are you challenged by the above job description? Then we will be happy to meet you! You should also meet the following conditions:
- Graduated with a Master’s degree (like Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, Business Analytics, Informatics or Artificial Intelligence);
- You have 3 to 6 years of relevant hands on experience with business applications such as customer intelligence, marketing, risk and process optimization;
- You possess knowledge and have had experience with econometrical modelling techniques, data mining algorithms, optimization techniques and computational statistics;
- Deep understanding of programming languages such as Python, R and, SQL;
- You have good communication skills and are capable of providing appropriate solutions in consultation with the client;
- You have an excellent command of the English language;
- You are driven, ambitious, you don’t let go of challenges until there is a solution, and you show involvement at the creation of a solution in practice;
- Experience with coaching and project management of small teams is a plus.
The Analytics and Information Management Team
With offices throughout the Netherlands and more than 5500 employees, Deloitte is a leading organization in the field of Consulting, Audit, Tax and Financial Advisory Services.
The Analytics and Information Management team consists of 100 colleagues and is part of our growing Technology Consulting practice which has over 550 practitioners. We provide advisory and strategic services, and we implement performance management, business intelligence and other sophisticated analytical applications.
Within the team, our Data Scientist focus on solving problems that require more advanced analyses for optimization, predictive modelling, or risk estimation that truly make a difference. In this sense, customers are serviced by providing them with analytically obtained business insights. Also, the customer is provided with techniques and advice in organizational design to analytically obtain these insights themselves. Deloitte is unique in the sense that we deliver a combination of analytical expertise, skills in the area of change management, and a deep industry knowledge.
Our colleagues at work: https://youtu.be/DR2QB--ZHu4
What does Deloitte offer you?
At Deloitte you will offer solutions for our customers’ challenges, while subsequently working on your own career and personal growth ambitions. The following will help you do this:
- You work with ambitious, highly educated colleagues in multidisciplinary and international teams
- We are a down to earth organization and have an informal team (also outside of working hours)
- We offer an open and innovative culture with lots of room for own initiative
- Our working conditions fit your ambitions and needs, like a market aligned lease arrangement, a laptop and an iPhone
- As talent you will get all freedom and support for a steep learning curve and acceleration in your career. Next to this, we help you where possible, provide a balanced training program, a fitting competence model and a counselor