Your role as a Data Visualisation Specialist
Are you experienced in designing and developing interactive visual analytics solutions to solve business questions? Are you ready for challenging projects where you can build and deliver visualisation projects in software such as QlikView, QlikSense or Tableau? Do you want to work in a team where personal development is central?
Data visualisation is an integral part of Deloitte’s Analytics and Information Management practice. We are seeking for new colleagues to join our Data visualisation team at a (Senior) Consultant level, to provide data visualisation expertise on engagements and support the growth of the Analytics and Information Management practice.
As a Data Visualisation Specialist you will be involved in working on the delivery of key analytics transformation projects focusing on:
- Working with clients to design and develop visual and interactive analytics solutions and visual stories which address their business questions
- Applying best-practice data visualisation and user-experience principles in solution design and development, using both custom build and off-the shelf technologies and software
- Upskilling yourself, the team and client teams in innovative ways of working, technologies and best practices in data visualization and analytics solution design
- Addressing the key considerations for successful implementation of visual analytics solutions, including embedding change into an organisation
- Clearly and confidently articulating the value and benefits which data visualization can bring to clients
Watch and learn how an Data Discovery and Visualization Specialist at Deloitte makes an impact on our clients:
As an individual joining the firm, we would expect that you possess demonstrable knowledge and proven ability to deliver in the below areas:
- Requirements analysis for analytics solutions (reporting solutions, BI dashboarding, visual stories)
- Knowledge of User Experience, Usability and good practise design for data visualisation
- Design, development and delivery of digital analytics solutions – i.e. on tablet, smartphone and laptop
- Build and delivery of visualisation projects in software such as QlikView, QlikSense, Tableau, Spotfire, Microstrategy etc.
- Planning and defining a data visualisation or analytics solution project
Are you challenged by the above job description? Then we will be happy to meet you! You should also meet the following conditions:
- Graduated with a Master’s degree (like Business Information Management, Information Sciences, Mathematics, Business Analytics or Business Administration);
- You have 3 to 6 years of experience in a Data Visualisation / Analytics environment and knowledge of software such as QlikView, QlikSense, Tableau, Spotfire, Microstrategy etc;
- Preferably, you are knowledgeable about: custom visualisation development (Java, Query and D3), Geospatial analytics (QGis or other toolsets) and ETL tools (SQL, SSIS and Alteryx);
- You have good communication skills and are capable of providing appropriate solutions in consultation with the client;
- You are a team player, you master the English language and you are willing to learn Dutch;
- You are driven, ambitious, you don’t let go of challenges until there is a solution, and you show involvement at the creation of a solution in practice;
The Analytics and Information Management Team
With offices throughout the Netherlands and more than 5500 employees, Deloitte is a leading organization in the field of Consulting, Audit, Tax and Financial Advisory Services.
Our Analytics & Information Management team is part of the Technology service area within Deloitte Consulting. We provide advisory and strategic services, and we implement performance management, business intelligence and other sophisticated analytical applications. Our primary focus in this respect is on the added value for the business, supported - but not hampered - by technology and innovation, allowing us to convert everyday information into actionable insights.
Deloitte is a market leader in Analytics, Big data and BI Consulting, with a robust, mature, deep and broad portfolio. We use our deep industry knowledge to support actionable insights across all business functions. The Analytics and Information Management team consists of 100 colleagues and is part of our growing Technology practice which has over 550 practitioners. We help our clients with all aspects of business intelligence and analytics from developing their analytics or data strategies, through to implementing a BI and Analytics strategy.
What does Deloitte offer you?
At Deloitte you will offer solutions for our customers’ challenges, while subsequently working on your own career and personal growth ambitions. The following will help you do this:
- You work with ambitious, highly educated colleagues in multidisciplinary and international teams
- We are a down to earth organization and have an informal team (also outside of working hours)
- We offer an open and innovative culture with lots of room for own initiative
- Our working conditions fit your ambitions and needs, like a market aligned lease arrangement, a laptop and an iPhone
- As talent you will get all freedom and support for a steep learning curve and acceleration in your career. Next to this, we help you where possible, provide a balanced training program, a fitting competence model and a counselor