What impact will you make?
Are you experienced in designing and developing interactive visual analytics solutions to solve business questions? Are you ready for challenging projects where you can build and deliver visualisation projects in software such as QlikView, QlikSense or Tableau? Do you want to work in a team where personal development is central?
Data visualisation is an integral part of Deloitte’s Analytics and Information Management portfolio. We are seeking for new colleagues to join our Data visualisation team at a (Senior) Consultant level, to provide data visualisation expertise on engagements and support the growth of the Analytics and Information Management portfolio.
This is how
As a Data Visualisation Specialist you will be involved in working on the delivery of key analytics transformation projects focusing on:
- Working with clients to design and develop visual and interactive analytics solutions and visual stories which address their business questions
- Applying best-practice data visualisation and user-experience principles in solution design and development, using both custom build and off-the shelf technologies and software
- Upskilling yourself, the team and client teams in innovative ways of working, technologies and best practices in data visualization and analytics solution design
- Addressing the key considerations for successful implementation of visual analytics solutions, including embedding change into an organisation
- Clearly and confidently articulating the value and benefits which data visualization can bring to clients
At Deloitte, the largest organisation in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 1500 colleagues in Consulting.
You will share your expertise in the Analytics & Cognitive portfolio in Amsterdam all of whom are specialists in the Strategy, Analytics and M&A offering.
The world is changing, fast. Competitors come out of nowhere, governments and regulators need faster and better insight, customers are demanding a more personalized experience, and volumes of data are doubling every two years. You’ll serve as a trusted advisor, helping our clients make intelligent decisions about how to consistently succeed in their market. You’ll partner with board-level clients to architect data-driven programs that transform their businesses, working with some of the most innovative technologies around. Collaboration with other (international) colleagues and continuous (technological) innovation, for example in big data and robotics, are key principles in this department. Obviously, Consulting also has a major impact (on): see an example here.
Working in creative, agile teams, you’ll help clients unlock the insight and value buried deep inside their organizations. You’ll help them modernize their data and analytics environments, and apply next generation AI and intelligent automation technologies. These are technologies driven by the transformational impact of AI-enabled, automated processes and optimized through human-centered design.
The Analytics & Cognitive portfolio consists of three main disciplines: Data & Analytics Modernization (DAM), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Visual Analytics (VA). These teams represent our main skills and specialism but do not limit us in how individual team members can excel and master traits. The Analytics & Cognitive portfolio enable to tackle all kind of data and information business challenges. The teams work in close collaboration with each other and other servicelines.
- Data & Analytics Modernization: focusses on processing huge amounts of external and internal data (volume), preferably in real time (Velocity) and in a structured and unstructured form (Variety).
- Artificial Intelligence: Takes and static approach in creating a deeper understanding of data. This includes the use of methodologies such as Machine Learning, Clustering & Segmentation, Text Mining and Process Mining.
- Visual Analytics: Professions in getting across the business message by means of KPI Dashboarding, Advanced Visualisation and Storytelling with data.
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits;
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;
- a good pension scheme;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- a 32- 40 hour working week;
- the opportunity to take a month of unpaid leave once a year;
- a good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- the opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme;
- a development program that helps you keep developing;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which are also for personal use;
- the opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- great growth opportunities. Depending on your ambitions and performance, you can grow into a new role every 2 to 3 years.
What you offer
As an individual joining the firm, we would expect that you possess demonstrable knowledge and proven ability to deliver in the below areas:
- Requirements analysis for analytics solutions (reporting solutions, BI dashboarding, visual stories)
- Knowledge of User Experience, Usability and good practise design for data visualisation
- Design, development and delivery of digital analytics solutions – i.e. on tablet, smartphone and laptop
- Build and delivery of visualisation projects in software such as QlikView, QlikSense, Tableau, Spotfire, Microstrategy etc.
- Planning and defining a data visualisation or analytics solution project
- Graduated with a Master’s degree (like Business Information Management, Information Sciences, Mathematics, Business Analytics or Business Administration);
- You have 3 to 6 years of experience in a Data Visualisation / Analytics environment and knowledge of software such as QlikView, QlikSense, Tableau, Spotfire, Microstrategy etc;
- Preferably, you are knowledgeable about: custom visualisation development (Java, Query and D3), Geospatial analytics (QGis or other toolsets) and ETL tools (SQL, SSIS and Alteryx);
- You have good communication skills and are capable of providing appropriate solutions in consultation with the client;
- You are a team player, you master the English language and you are willing to learn Dutch;
- You are driven, ambitious, you don’t let go of challenges until there is a solution, and you show involvement at the creation of a solution in practice.
Lets make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? For answers, please contact Recruiter Technology Consulting Toine van Kastel on +31882885136.