At ctrl, helping our customers to collaborate with their customers in an innovative online platform is an exciting mission for our Technology team. As well as delivering awesome applications and platform features, we want to make sure we’re always available for our users.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled DevOps Engineers to help with the evolution and operation of our Cloud platform. This platform will play a key role in enabling the continuing flexibility, as well as increased efficiency and scalability
of the ctrl applications and its associated properties.
On the ctrl platform we combine the specific knowledge of accountants, tax- and advisors with advanced online platform functionalities. We are in the middle of a national as well as international growth and this does bring a lot of (technical) challenges for our team. We are continuously developing a variety of innovative web applications, online services and platform functionalities and we are looking for energetic DevOps engineers.
Your activities as a DevOps engineer at ctrl
As a DevOps engineer you will get a challenging job, with the following activities:
- Design, implement and optimize cloud technologies that powers the ctrl platform;
- Provisioning and configuring Azure PaaS and IaaS services;
- Coordinate and perform deployments of web, applications, and database code to all environments as needed by development, quality assurance, and project management teams;
- Drive forward efforts related to health monitoring of the applications and services as an integrated step in the deployment process;
- Provision expertise in the use of Cloud architectures and solutions to support software development in a DevOps environment;
- Resolving day-to-day IT issues when needed.
- A minimum of 2 year working experience within a Cloud Engineering role (Azure/AWS);
- Experience working with CI / CD environments preferably with GitLab;
- Background as a software engineer (C#/.Net/Node.js coding, design and problem solving skills);
- Experience with automated deployment and advanced scripting experience using PowerShell or Bash;
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Windows Services, IIS, and SQL Server. Experience configuring and troubleshooting basic issues with these platforms by leveraging Server and IIS logs, Event Viewer, and other tools;
- Knowledge of Linux Server and Dockers;
- Experience with process monitor and/or similar server debugging tools;
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts, load balancers, and firewalls. Ability to identify basic issues and alert the responsible parties;
- Familiarity with security concepts such as encryption, TLS, and key/permissions management;
- Experience of Agile (Scrum & Kanban).
- Experience of Kubernetes (BONUS)
Working at ctrl
Ctrl is an independent and innovation focused business unit and exists of 20+ energetic and professional colleagues. Ctrl is focusing on online services by offering an innovative platform and our ambition is to become the most used online collaboration platform for the financial services sector. The atmosphere within the team can be described as creative and determined, and we see ourselves as a start-up with the possibilities of a corporate organization.
Within ctrl you will work with ambitious an well-educated colleagues. The open and informal but professional culture offers a lot of possibilities for innovation and own initiatives. The communication lines are short and you will be involved in discussions and meetings. Ask a lot of questions, cooperate with the business and think outside the box. Dare to take responsibility and show us what you have got. If you show us that you are talented and energetic, there are many possibilities to develop yourself quickly. Of course we offer you a balanced learning program, a custom made competence model and continuous feedback.