What impact will you make?
A lot has happened in the last decade and you've experienced it up close: PSD2, MifiD II, WFT but also FCPA and the UK Bribery Act to name just a few. But times are changing. In addition to the necessity, management is starting to recognize the added value of regulatory risk and compliance. As risks become increasingly measurable, organizations are better able to determine their added value. Simultaneously, the risk landscape remains uncertain due to fast-changing technologies and new business models. How can organizations continue to innovate in a complex regulatory landscape? You see this as a great challenge.
This is how
- anticipating and interpreting developments within the corporate sector, the supervision thereof, and related laws and regulations;
- designing, assessing and transforming compliance frameworks to promote integrity and to comply with laws and regulations;
- managing projects and team members, making use of your substantive expertise;
- responding to specific shortcomings in regulatory & compliance programs, and to actions from the supervisory authorities;
- the use of data and technology to make compliance programs smarter and more efficient.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands we can build on more than 5,500 employees from 15 offices. Deloitte has around 250,000 employees worldwide and offices in more than 150 countries.
Regulatory Risk is part of Risk Advisory. We are the leading firm in Risk Advisory services in the Netherlands. Within Risk Advisory, we see risks as a potential to grow and improve business performance. In this, innovation plays a crucial role. Our services are mainly executed from our Amsterdam office, but you will be working regularly on location at the client.
Our team consists of approximately 50 professionals. The working atmosphere in the team is informal. We help each other to achieve the best result for our clients. We are proud of the fact that colleagues have different backgrounds: lawyers, criminologists, business experts, public administration experts and financial experts work together.
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, you share in the profit;
- great career opportunities. Every 2 to 3 years you can advance, depending on your ambitions and performance, to a new position;
- a development program that enables you to keep learning;
- flexible working hours and the ability to work from home;
- 26 vacation days per year and the possibility to purchase an additional 15 vacation days per year;
- a 40-hour working week. Fewer hours per week is also negotiable;
- the option to take a month of unpaid leave once a year
- an excellent mobility scheme: choice of a lease car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, an annual public transport subscription, or a travel allowance;
- a laptop and iPhone, which you’re allowed to use privately;
- a good pension scheme;
- possibility to participate in the collective health insurance scheme;
- the possibility to profit from fiscally attractive schemes, such as company fitness and a bicycle plan
What you offer
As a director you are the representative for Regulatory Risk, both inside and outside Deloitte. You work closely with other partners and directors. You determine the strategy for the future and inspire a team of enthusiastic consultants and managers to bring out the best in themselves. You work at a senior management level and help clients to solve complex and challenging regulatory issues. You have a managerial role within large programs.
You will play an important role in further developing the already prestigious Regulatory Risk team. You are responsible for the client base and the growth of revenue and profit. You have and maintain a substantial network within the corporate (non-financial) sector. With all your experience you will be recognized as a "trusted advisor". You ensure that we are always one step ahead of the competition by continuing to innovate. An excellent opportunity to show your entrepreneurial mindset!
You have at least ten years relevant work experience, preferably in an advisory/consultancy role, or you work in a corporate environment or at the supervisory authority and are looking for a new challenge. You have obtained an academic degree in one of the following fields: Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Organizational Sciences, Criminology, or a law study that overlaps with Regulatory Risk. You have extensive experience in your field and are recognized for your expertise. You also have experience with IT systems, data analysis and compliance tooling.
You are an inspiring leader and a bridge-builder. You are always aware of recent developments in your field in order to optimally advise the client. With your expertise and innovative character you make a real impact for our clients. You are self-sufficient and proactive, and you have a proven track record in project management. Quality is a top priority for you. You have a demonstrable entrepreneurial spirit and a commercial approach. Finally, you have a good command of the Dutch and English language, both spoken and written.
Let’s make impact. Apply now!
We are looking forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte we are open to all people who bring quality and ambition. Therefore, we are interested in who you are.
Questions? For the answers, contact Senior Recruiter Inge Brinkman on +31 88 288 23 37.