What impact will you make?
As an experienced security engineer you have an interest in working hands-on on technical IT security challenges concerning security monitoring, threat intelligence and security analytics. You will work in a team of security engineers and will both implement security solutions and advise our clients on improvements within the area of IT security.
If you currently don’t have demonstrable work experience within the area of security engineering but would like to, check out our security engineering job posting.
This is how
As an experienced security engineer you will be a part of our growing team of cyber professionals, all of which share a passion for technical security challenges. You will work on a variety of different technical assignments within the security domain. These could either be performed for clients or internally. Examples are the implementation of (technical) security solutions for clients, performing advisory technical research for clients or delivering managed security services from our Cyber Intelligence Center in The Hague. Your role within our team may vary somewhere between advisory services towards clients or internal development at our Cyber Intelligence Center, depending on your personal preferences. Our expectations are matched to your preferences, background and experience. What matters most for us is that you are a team player with affinity for technology who is not afraid to learn.
As an engineer we will offer you a job where not only you can use your technical knowledge and experience, but where above all you will expand it. You will work our team which shares affinity and experience for security technology. We are avid visitors of conferences and organize a lot of internal demos and activities. Because of this, you will learn and discover a lot in a relative short period. We value that you keep developing yourself and that your activities within the team continue to challenge and enjoy you. That our cyber team keeps growing every year is a testament to the good atmosphere and satisfaction within our team. In consultation with your manager you will determine your own training program. Examples of frequently chosen trainings are CISSP, TOGAF, OSCP and CSSLP, but we also offer a wide variety of internal trainings.
Types of projects
As an experienced security engineer, there are several types of projects where you could work on. Some examples:
- Designing, developing and implementing a distributed sensor network;
- Advising, designing and building a scalable multi-tenant security monitoring and analytics platform based on Elasticsearch and Hadoop technology;
- Developing custom interfaces between security event data sources and security monitoring/ analytics solutions like Splunk, ELK, Kafka and Hadoop;
- Advising and building threat intelligence solutions and processes for clients;
- Onboarding clients on our security monitoring and threat hunting platform at the Cyber Intelligence Center;
- Connecting various open source components for the purpose of security orchestration and automation;
- Implementing secure network services (OpenVPN, IPsec, BGP) with Linux and open source software.
- Discovering and building your personal interests, qualities and expertise;
- Working in our team and adding value for technical projects at clients or the Cyber Intelligence Center;
- Advising clients on technical content and presenting (and building) technical solutions that match the clients situation and environment;
- Operationally carrying out projects and ensuring high quality results.
Around 600 professionals are employed in Risk Advisory within in six different service areas:
- Strategic & Reputation;
- Regulatory Risk;
- Cyber Risk;
- Financial Risk;
- Operational Risk;
- Managed Risk
These four competencies include professionals like Data Analysts, IT Auditors, Internal Auditors, Risk Consultants and Security experts. Since all professionals are experts in their own field, they complement one another perfectly. The teams regularly include a mix of different competencies. Our services are (mainly) performed from the Amsterdam office but many times you will also be working on‑site, at clients in the Netherlands and abroad.
What we offer
- In addition to a fixed salary, you participate in the profit with us;
- growth opportunities;
- a development program through which you continue to develop continuously;
- flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home;
- 26 days off per year and the possibility to purchase 15 days off per year;
- a time-for-time regulation for overtime hours;
- the possibility to take one month of unpaid leave once a year;
- a good mobility scheme: choice of a lease car with a fuel pass for Europe or a cash option, a public transport annual pass or a travel allowance;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which you can also use privately;
- a good pension plan;
- possibility to participate in the collective health insurance scheme;
- the opportunity to benefit from tax-attractive matters, such as company fitness and a bicycle plan.
What you offer
We are looking for new security engineers for our cyber teams with immediate effect. Are you interested in security and technology and do you want to understand and solve technical security challenges? Does the above job description fits and excites you? Then we would very much like to meet with you! Apart the job description, we expect you to meet the following qualifications:
- A HBO (University of Applied Sciences) or WO (University) Bachelor/Master degree;
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience;
- Your experience resides for example in the follow areas:
- IT atomization technology (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Windows DSC, etc)
- Virtualization technology (e.g. VMware, KVM, Xen, Hyper-V, etc.);
- Linux container technology (e.g. Docker, LXC/LXD, etc.) ;
- Identity and access management (e.g. Active Directory, OpenLDAP, IPA, etc.);
- Virtual cloud infrastructure (e.g. Azure, AWS, Rackspace, etc.);
- SIEM, Log management, security analytics, VPN, storage, ELK, Apache big data;
- OS (Windows and Linux);
- Networking technology;
- IDS, IPS.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and listening);
- Strong team player with ability to take charge of their area of expertise and ability to coordinate with other teams and instances;
- The ability to work under pressure of time and the ambition to further develop yourself.
Lets make impact. Apply now!
We would like to receive your application for this position. At Deloitte we are open to all people who bring quality and ambition.