Your role as a Front-end developer
Are you experienced in crafting user interfaces that make people happy instead of getting in the way? Are you used to dealing with a variety of different displays and devices? Are you ready for challenging projects where you can build and deliver interfaces using the latest and greatest frameworks like React, Vue.js or AngularJS? Do you want to work in a team where personal development is central?
Front-end development is key in creating quality digital solutions that Deloitte Digital is known for. We are seeking for new colleagues to join our team at a (Senior) Consultant level, to deliver top notch responsive user interfaces in Agile delivery teams and support the growth of our front-end practice.
Joining our team means that you will be working in Agile delivery teams, both from our Deloitte Digital office in Amsterdam as well as from client’s locations. Our team’s core values are:
- We are obsessed with the customer
- We nurture our talent and empower our people
- We encourage to explore and create the future
- We connect to create impact
We work hard every day to creating meaningful digital experiences for our customers. Our portfolio includes a wide variety of experiences like portals, apps and Digital Reality solutions as well as complete digital transformations that include Digital Analytics, Marketing and IoT.
As an individual joining the firm, we would expect that you possess demonstrable knowledge and proven ability to deliver in the below areas:
- Being an integrated part of an Agile team, working closely with the client, UX designer and other developers to design, development and delivery of digital solutions on any device tablet, smartphone and laptop.
- Refining and estimating work within an Agile team using techniques like Planning poker and story points or T-shirt sizing. The art of translating idea’s into working solutions.
- Assisting the Product-Owner with planning and estimation, roadmaps etc.
- Coaching and sharing knowledge with other front-end developers during pizza sessions and guild meetings.
Are you challenged by the above job description? Then we will be happy to meet you! You should also meet the following conditions:
- Completed a higher/university education in the field of computer science, or other relevant formal education experience.
- Experience with writing semantic HTML5 and CSS using pre/post processors like SASS/LESS
- Comfortable with version control solutions like Git and package managers like Yarn or NPM
We would be really exited if you also have:
- Experience with server-side programming (.NET, .NET Core, Java)
- Experience with designing and building APIs
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with ES6 or TypeScript
The Deloitte Digital Team
With offices throughout the Netherlands and more than 5500 employees, Deloitte is a leading organization in the field of Consulting, Audit, Tax and Financial Advisory Services.
We as Deloitte Digital are proud do be part of the world’s largest consultancy firm but we adapted a new model for a new age—we’re a digital consulting agency. That means we bring together all the creative and technology capabilities, business acumen, and industry insight needed to help transform our clients’ businesses. With our end-to-end capabilities, clients can bring us their biggest challenges, knowing we’ve got what it takes to bring a new business vision to life with digital. Part business, part creative, part technology, one hundred percent digital.
What does Deloitte offer you?
At Deloitte you will offer solutions for our customers’ challenges, while subsequently working on your own career and personal growth ambitions. The following will help you do this:
You work with ambitious, highly educated colleagues in multidisciplinary and international teams. We are a down to earth organization and have an informal team (also outside of working hours). We offer an open and innovative culture with lots of room for own initiative
Our working conditions fit your ambitions and needs, like a market aligned lease arrangement, a laptop and an iPhone.
As talent you will get all freedom and support for a steep learning curve and acceleration in your career. Next to this, we help you where possible, provide a balanced training program, a fitting competence model and a counselor