What impact will you make?
As a Graduate Intern within Financial Risk Management you enjoy developing solutions to the financial service industry.. The internship is aimed at writing a master’s thesis for your study. During your internship you will get extensive support from your internship supervisor. Moreover, you are part of the Financial Risk talent pool. This means that besides writing your thesis you will also have the opportunity to work on projects for our clients. In addition, you could support the team in preparing proposals and could contribute to research and writing articles.
Your internship takes place in a collaborative culture at Deloitte where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
This is how
- Build and communicate a strategic and innovative vision on the financial services industry;
- Able to connect and advise on various aspects of financial institutions;
- Acquisition and management of projects;
- Communication with colleagues and eager to learn;
- Building and maintaining a strong network.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
You share your expertise with the 70 to 80 colleagues of our Financial Risk Management department in Amsterdam. The department has the following areas of expertise:
- Market Risk develops and validates models for market, trading and pricing risk using (amongst others) Value at Risk and Expected Shortfall models
- The Actuarial and Insurance team advises clients on various topics of the actuarial cycle and insurance business processes
- Asset and Liability Management steers the balance sheet from both funding and interest rate perspective, by developing and validating interest rate and liquidity risk models, as well as developing the required insights with those models
- Credit Risk develops models compliant with current and future legislative requirements (Basel, TRIMs)
Financial Risk Management focusses on model development and validation for key financial service clients in the Netherlands, using quantitative methods and techniques to solve various challenges. This includes modelling techniques from quantitative finance, statistics and applied mathematics. Of course, Financial Risk Management also has a major impact.
Graduate Intern Joost Pluim describes our working atmosphere as follows:
“Doing my (thesis) internship at Deloitte (FRM) brings a great opportunity of getting a taste of what working at Deloitte is about. I’m researching extreme yield curves by training a Generative Adversarial Network (GAN) in generating yield curves as good as possible without actually showing training data. This makes it possible to learn the underlying characteristics of what a yield curve is, instead of learning the training data! Having two supervisors guiding me through the financial world as well as the challenges in computer science, makes great achievements possible. Getting great support at my project by experienced consultants and managers, mixed with the opportunity of joining all kinds of trainings and the possibility of relaxing your brain a bit by playing a game of table football, makes it an awesome experience to do my internship at Deloitte!”
- a development program that helps you keep developing;
- flexible working hours, easily combined with your studies;
- technical guidance and help with your thesis;
- exposure to interesting projects and prestigious clients;
- a flexible working environment including a laptop;
- an energetic and bright team, with lots of fun activities;
- an opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme.
- the possibility to stay working at Deloitte after finishing your studies.
What you offer
When it comes to the technicalities of the job, you're ready for anything. At the same time, you're able to inspire and motivate the team to deliver excellent results. You have the courage to try out new things and to keep learning, even if there are setbacks along the way. For the role of Graduate Intern at Deloitte Financial Risk Management, you also are/have:
- Almost obtained a degree in: Actuarial Science, Econometrics, Mathematics, Economics, (Quantitative) Finance or a science Master;
- Available at least three days per week for a minimum of three months;
- A draft thesis proposal;
- Living in the Netherlands;
- Affinity with the financial and corporate sector;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Affinity with quantitative modelling, and/or programming;
- A team player;
- Good communicative skills;
- Ambitious, independent, energetic and able to perform under pressure;
- Result-oriented, while ensuring the quality of work; and
- Proficient in English, both verbally and in writing.
Let’s make an impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are. Don't forget to upload your thesis proposal when applying.
Questions? For answers, please contact our recruiter Chris Wentink at 06-50055462.