Your graduation thesis or Internship
As a graduate at Deloitte Risk Advisory, you mainly focus on writing your graduation research or thesis assignment. You receive intensive support from one or more Deloitte supervisors. You can always ask for advice or content related feedback. You can use the knowledge and expertise within Deloitte and you can make use of the (often extensive) network of your supervisor.
In addition to your thesis, you have the opportunity to get a sneak peek at our clients. You will have the opportunity to gain more experience within the Risk advisory department. Currently we are looking for students who want to graduate within Artificial Intelligence (AI) domain. We have various possible assignments (see below), but are in particular curious about your own ideas around two topics in AI: computer vision and speech recognition.
The Data & Reporting Advisory (DRA) is part of Financial Risk team in Risk Advisory. DRA team consists of ambitious young (international) talents with strong academic backgrounds in Data and Financial Risk, as well as seasoned professionals with deep understanding of the latest developments within the field of data and reporting. DRA consultants are known for their openness and curiosity towards new developments, and their ‘can-do’ attitude towards challenges. Combined with both technical and managerial skills. The goal of DRA is to become the undisputed advisor within the fast changing world of data and reporting and create an everlasting footprint within the minds of our clients. We have already done a lot of cool and innovative stuff. Have a look at our latest product DocQMiner to get inspired:
If you are interested, please click the button below and fill in your details. I you have more questions you can contact Kim Cornelissen on +31 (0)882883454
Natural Language Processing
We are interested in different applications of Natural Language Processing (NLP) tasks in extracting information from any text source (corpus). The example of such corpora are: rent/lease contracts, financial regulations and law, news articles, phone call transcripts, twitter, etc. The language of corpora that we are interested in are either English or Dutch.
Our suggestions for NLP researches are:
- How can we use different deep learning architectures to determine future financial trends by using history of financial news articles?
- How can we use Named Entity Recognition (NER) to extract generic data points (named entities) from lease/rent contracts?
- How can we use NER and Graph database technology to find all extensions and appendixes of lease/rent contracts in piles of clients documents?
- How can we use deep learning to analyze sentiments in a corpus? Does this help Deloitte’s client to automate sensing their clients’ feeling?
How can we use ‘Context-Free Grammars’ (CFG) parser to help banks and insurances to automate their processes that handles massive text documents?
We have images of 1k objects from multiple views. First we want to experiment with different preprocessing of images using OpenCV such as removing background, blur, etc. Then we want to test different convolutional neural network (CNN) architectures (say in Keras) that predicts the class of an object using images from different views. We want to compare the results with a traditional machine learning classifier (in scikit-learn) that uses features extracted from preprocessed images in OpenCV.
We have piles of audios recorded in different call centers. We want to experiments with different Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) algorithms to find the best way to do the following tasks:
- Flag an anomalous recorded call using extracted features from audio
- Extracts semantics from the transcript of a phone call
- Recognize emotions from speech
These are our suggestions but we would like to hear your own ideas for graduation research!
Are you challenged by the above areas and do you want to graduate in the field of AI? Check if you meet the following criteria:
- You are currently working on the final year of your university of applied science (HBO) or university study Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Econometrics & Operations Research, or other relevant field of studies
- You are skilled in Python (pandas, NumPy, NLTK or spaCy, scikit-learn, and Matplotlib)
- You have basic knowledge in machine learning algorithms listed below:
- Supervised learning: GLM, Random Forest, Gradient Boosting Machine, Neural Network, Bayes classifier, and SVM
- Unsupervised learning: k-means clustering
- You have experience in a deep learning platform: TensforFlow, Keras, Caffe, Theano, or Torch
- You have affinity with one of the following domain in AI: Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) and you want to specialize in it
- You operate well in a team and you have a professional image
- Your characteristics are analytical, independent, and result-oriented
- You are a real team player
- You have the ambition to further develop yourself and to work as an AI professional later on
- Does our field of work appeal to you and do you fit within the requested profile? Then we would like to get in touch with you!
Approximately 700 professionals work in six sub-areas within Risk Advisory:
Strategic and Reputation; Regulatory Risk; Cyber Risk; Financial Risk; Operational Risk; Managed Risk
Each of these six service areas has a specialization which has as result that complements each other perfectly. Teams are therefore regularly interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary based on the different competences. Our service is mainly supported from the office in Amsterdam. In many cases you will also be working on location with customers in the Netherlands or abroad.
Your career path and employment conditions
With offices across the Netherlands and more than 5,000 employees, Deloitte is a leading organization in the areas of Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory Services. Our accountants are market leaders in various segments. This means that you work with ambitious, highly educated colleagues, often in multidisciplinary and international teams. In an open and professional corporate culture with plenty of room for innovation and initiative. And with employment conditions that fit your ambition and needs. Top talent quickly promotes. Of course we help you where we can, with a balanced training program, a customized competence model and continuous feedback.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Risk, Tax, Consulting, Financial Advisory and Audit. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and successes of our clients, in the Netherlands and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.