Want to work on the edge of advance technology making a large impact to our clients and society?
Deloitte Digital is creating IoT solutions for and co-create IoT solutions with clients in several industries and sectors. The breadth of our portfolio of services is wide, focused on create business value – enabled by this technology – from digital strategy through to transformation.
We are looking for IoT technologists with a deep passion in this fast-growing area – someone who can bring in his / her talent, skills and enthusiasm to shape the future of the IoT landscape.
Our practice distinguishes itself through our capability to design and implement new solutions, prototypes and hackathons – utilizing our deep Industry knowledge, analytical and creative skills combined with innovative technical know-how. We deliver state of the art solutions for our clients, making every assignment unique.
As IoT Engineer Consultant you are part of Deloitte Digital, meaning that you will have the opportunity to work with a young, enthusiastic team – who is passionate about their work and feed of each other’s energy. From building and configuring hardware to connecting your IoT solution to the cloud, you will have a substantive contribution for the customer the application of specialist knowledge and experience. You will be expected to proactively raise ideas for innovation / optimization on projects. You will develop software solutions in conjunction with our development team and clients. Of course, you will also investigate and debug technical issues – while determining operational feasibility analysis, problem definitions, requirements, and proposed solutions.
Of course, we also work with the latest techniques and tools. You will be expected to stay informed of new IoT related developments in this area and synthesize these into technical state-of-the-art solutions for our customers. You will often work on location at the customer and challenge yourself to always find the right solution fit for our clients in different environments.
Throughout, we believe you will constantly develop yourself by using and learning state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and new platforms. Your own initiative will be appreciated, encouraged and valuable. This combination of technical specialization, advisory skills and project management can be a great start to your career!
Your role within Deloitte
Deloitte Digital offers complete solutions for business issues. That is why our Deloitte teams are often multidisciplinary. There will also be the opportunity to work closely with client specialists or other external parties (e.g. vendors, etc.). A few examples of what is expected from you are:
- Strong focus on substantive contribution for the customer through application of specialist knowledge and experience
- High-quality and independent execution of tasks and delivery of partial results under guidance of a (Project) Manager
- Raises ideas for innovation / optimization on IoT related projects proactively
- Develops software solutions in conjunction with the Deloitte team and users (clients)
- Collaborates with creatives to deploy meaningful user experiences
- Investigates and debugs technical issues
- Follows software development standards, lifecycles and best practices
- Supports and determines operational feasibility analysis, problem definition, requirements and proposed solutions
- Documents solutions following well-established methodologies
- Prepares and performs installation of solutions
- Determines and designs system specifications, standards and programming.
- Continuous learning on state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and new platforms
- Active member of the Deloitte development ecosystem, both internally and externally.
- Designs, realizes and implementation of a large IoT platform, from the PoC to scale-up
Your profile as Engineer Consultant
As an engineering consultant, you will work in a multidisciplinary team of highly varied projects that aim to improve organizational business processes through IoT solutions. In addition, you also meet the following conditions:
- You have a B.S./Masters degree or equivalent in Engineering, Information Studies, Computer Science or related field
- You have 1-5 years of work experience and you are passionate about learning new technologies and creating innovative solutions
- You have a entrepreneurial mentality, you are organized and a self-starter with a “can do” attitude
- Passionate about learning and applying new IoT or Industry 4.0 related technologies and creating innovative solutions
- You are a team player
- Knowledge of REST, MQTT, JSON, HTTP and any other is appreciated
In addition, the following conditions are preferred:
- Experience with IoT
- Experience with hardware development platforms (Arduino, RPI, microcontrollers)
- Experience with version-management control systems like Git
- Good understanding of Analytics
- A base level understanding of Machine Learning techniques
- Knowledge of any of the following platforms: AWS, IBM Bluemix, PTC ThingWorx or Microsoft Azure
What does Deloitte offer you?
At Deloitte you will offer solutions for our customers’ challenges, while subsequently working on your own career and personal growth ambitions. The following will help you do this:
- You work with ambitious, highly educated colleagues in multidisciplinary and international teams
- We are a down to earth organization and have an informal team (also outside of working hours)
- We offer an open and innovative culture with lots of room for own initiative
- Our working conditions fit your ambitions and needs, like a market aligned lease arrangement, a laptop and an iPhone
- As talent you will get all freedom and support for a steep learning curve and acceleration in your career. Next to this, we help you where possible, provide a balanced training program, a fitting competence model and a counselor