Want to work on the edge of advance technology making a large impact to our clients and society?
Deloitte Digital is creating IoT solutions for and co-create IoT solutions with clients in several industries and sectors. The breadth of our portfolio of services is wide, focused on create business value – enabled by this technology – from digital strategy through to transformation.
We are looking for IoT technologists with a deep passion in this fast-growing area – someone who can bring in his / her talent, skills and enthusiasm to shape the future of the IoT landscape.
Our practice distinguishes itself through our capability to design and implement new solutions, prototypes and hackathons – utilizing our deep Industry knowledge, analytical and creative skills combined with innovative technical know-how. We deliver state of the art solutions for our clients, making every assignment unique.
As IoT Engineer Manager you are part of Deloitte Digital, meaning you will collaborate with and lead a young, enthusiastic team – who is passionate about their work and feed of each other’s energy. As Engineer Manager, you will supervise and stimulate teams to higher achievement and / or career guidance through – among other things – sharing knowledge and experience, as well as inspiring areas of expertise. You will contribute to the personal development of Senior Consultants on down by facilitating coaching, performance counseling and internal training. You will also develop software solutions in conjunction with your development team and clients of Deloitte, while working closely with creatives to deploy meaningful user experiences.
You will support and determine operational feasibility analysis, problem definitions, requirements and proposed solutions. Of course, we also work with the latest techniques and tools. You will need to be and stay informed of new developments in this area, synthesizing these into technical state-of-the-art solutions for our customers. You should also be able to determine and design system specifications, standards and programming techniques. You will also have the opportunity to continuously develop yourself by learning on state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and new platforms.
Your role within Deloitte
Deloitte Digital offers complete solutions for business issues. That is why our Deloitte teams are often multidisciplinary. There will also be the opportunity to work closely with client specialists or other external parties (e.g. vendors, etc.). A few examples of what is expected from you are:
- Supervision and stimulation of teams to higher achievement and / or career guidance through, among other things, sharing knowledge and experience, while inspiring areas of expertise
- Contribute to the (personal) development of Senior Consultants down (by facilitating internal training, coaching, performance counseling, etc.)
- Develops software solutions in conjunction with the Deloitte team and users (clients)
- Work together with creatives to deploy meaningful user experiences
- Investigate and debug technical issues
- Follow the software development standards and lifecycle
- Support and determine operational feasibility analysis, problem definition, requirements and proposed solutions
- Documents solutions following methods
- Prepares and installs solutions
- Determine and design system specifications, standards and programming
- Continuous learning on state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and new platforms
Active member of the Deloitte development ecosystem, both internally and externally
Your profile as Engineer Manager
As an engineering manager, you will work in a multidisciplinary team delivering highly varied projects that aim to improve organizational business processes through IoT solutions. In addition you also meet the following conditions:
- You have a Bachelor degree or equivalent in Engineering, Information Studies, Computer Science or related field
- Able to deliver end-to-end projects for clients
- More than 6 years of work experience with at least 2 years managing small teams
- Passionate about learning new technologies and creating innovative solutions
- Passionate about using Internet of Things solutions to solve problems
- Act as a trusted advisor in the area of competency by middle management of the customer
- Guiding of teams and / or fulfilling of (sub)project management role
- Knowledge of REST, MQTT, JSON, HTTP and any other is appreciated
In addition the following conditions are preferred:
- Experience with IoT
- Experience with hardware development platforms (Arduino, RPI, microcontrollers, etc)
- Experience with version-management control systems like Git
- Good understanding of Analytics
- A base level understanding of Machine Learning techniques
- Knowledge of any of the following platforms: AWS, IBM Bluemix, PTC ThingWorx or Microsoft Azure
What does Deloitte offer you?
At Deloitte you will offer solutions for our customers’ challenges, while subsequently working on your own career and personal growth ambitions. The following will help you do this:
- You work with ambitious, highly educated colleagues in multidisciplinary and international teams
- We are a down to earth organization and have an informal team (also outside of working hours)
- We offer an open and innovative culture with lots of room for own initiative
- Our working conditions fit your ambitions and needs, like a market aligned lease arrangement, a laptop and an iPhone
- As talent you will get all freedom and support for a steep learning curve and acceleration in your career. Next to this, we help you where possible, provide a balanced training program, a fitting competence model and a counselor