Designing new business models for our clients to meet their strategic objectives & guiding them through their business transformations. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make
As a Junior Consultant Business Model Transformation at Operations Transformation you will work in projects, work streams and small teams with peers, led by a team lead (often Manager/ Senior Consultant). As part of your project team you will contribute to the design, implementation and optimization of business and operating models, improve cost performance, and be part of a team that oversees and leads large scale business transformations, to make our client’s strategies a reality. As a Junior Consultant you will have a predefined role and responsibility within the project team, with a clear contribution to the larger project objectives. At Business Model Transformation (BMT), we work with the client, therefore you will spend most of your time with a multidisciplinary Deloitte team at the client.
This is how
- taking ownership of a specific deliverable from beginning to end in agreement with your team lead; And understanding how this deliverable contributes to the broader project objectives;
- performing (data) analyses resulting in clear observations and recommendations for the client;
- preparing material for different client sessions (e.g. thematic discussions, project team sessions, internal and external reporting);
- organizing workshops and/or meetings with the client in which we design the future state operating model, tackle strategic design choices and define the implications for the organization;
- participating in key internal and client meetings and taking ownership of meeting minutes;
- proactively raising concerns or proposing areas for improvement within your project to increase quality;
- proactively requesting feedback from your team lead and peers to improve your development.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. In the Netherlands we rely on more than 1500 colleagues in Consulting.
You will share your expertise in the Operations Transformation offering in Amsterdam (the Edge), all of whom are specialists in the Business Operations.
“Whether functional or technical capabilities are your thing, you’ll work with cutting-edge technologies to help clients transform their technology platforms and business operations. Partnering with some of the world’s largest organizations, you’ll help COO’s, CFO’s, CIO’s and their teams realize their ambitions – from improving financial performance, to accelerating speed to market and delivering continuous innovation.”
Business Model Transformation
“As a Business Model Transformation consultant you help customers to realize new growth opportunities, reduce costs, improve efficiency and stay ahead of changing client demands. With our broad range of expertise (operating model transformation, strategic cost transformation, real estate and location strategy), you help customers to determine and execute their strategic direction within the business operations domain. You will be part of a team that aims to drastically improve business performance. Business Model Transformation offers customized solutions from strategy to implementation, leveraging the full potential of technology and helping businesses to embrace modern technologies that help them thrive in today’s digital world.”
Working together with (international) colleagues on continuous (technological) improvements and innovation, for example in the field of data analytics and robotics, are central within Operations Transformation. Obviously, Consulting also has a major impact (on): see an example here.
Our working atmosphere is described by Hanneke Brouwer (Business Lead – Business Model Transformation) as follows: "BMT consists of a diverse group of driven professionals who are consciously engaged in their own development, want to learn from each other and are always willing to help others. You can always find someone to talk to!"
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, you earn a share of the profit;
- flexible working hours and the ability to work from home;
- great career opportunities. Every 2 to 3 years you grow, depending on your ambitions and performance, to a new position;
- a development program that allows you to continue to develop;
- 26 vacation days per year and the possibility to purchase 15 vacation days per year;
- a 32-40-hour working week;
- the possibility to take a month of (unpaid) leave every year;
- an excellent mobility scheme: choice of a lease car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe or a cash option, an annual public transport subscription or a travel allowance;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which you can also use privately;
- a good pension scheme;
- the possibility to participate in the collective health insurance scheme;
- the possibility to benefit from tax-attractive matters, such as company fitness and a bicycle plan.
What you offer
• a relevant Master’s degree with excellent academic and pre-university (VWO) results;
• strong analytical skills and systematic problem solving skills;
• you are eager to learn and enjoy finding new ways to solving complex problems;
• you are open to international projects and you have experience with working in a culturally diverse environment
• you continuously challenge yourself and strive to maximize your impact in your studies, work and/or on society;
• excellent interpersonal- and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams;
• you are able to communicate complex ideas and analyses effectively;
• extracurricular activities beside your studies, such as an active (board)membership in a student association or sports club;
• an excellent command of written and spoken Dutch and English, knowledge of a third language is a plus.
Let's make an mpact. Apply now!
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? You can apply by uploading your CV, motivation and lists of marks from VWO, Bachelor and Master (so far). At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? For answers, please contact Campus Recruiter Marlou Tuijl on +31 (0)6 50088403.