Help organisations with the restructuring of their organisation design. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
Organizations are constantly under pressure to meet the demands and requirements of the market, regulations, employees and other stakeholders. As a result, organizations are continuously changing and this is one of the various reasons why an organization’s current design may be scrutinized. As a Junior Consultant, you support clients in determining the right structure of the organization and translating it into detailed design, including the optimal capacity, span of control, coordination mechanisms, tasks, roles and responsibilities and consultation forms.
This is how
- you are responsible for specific (sub) deliverables in a project team. Depending on your previous experience and learning curve your responsibilities will increase over time;
- yuou support in the delivery of project deliverables such as: organizational assessments, advice on optimal organizational structures, project approach, realization cost, carve-out strategy etc.;
- you support project management activities;
- you support in Industry and/or market propositions;
- you organize internal events.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 1500 colleagues in Consulting. You will share your expertise in the Human Capital in Amsterdam – all of whom are specialist in the HR Transformation.
You share your expertise with the 1300 colleagues of our Consulting department in Amsterdam. In this department, we pride ourselves on being innovative and championing personal development. Of course, Consulting also has a major impact: see an example here.
Our global practice is renowned as the world’s leading HR and people transformation business. With our clients facing unprecedented technology and demographic disruption, we’re now building on that reputation to help leaders design and deliver the future of work.
By combining our research and analytics capabilities with our industry expertise we’re developing innovative change programs that equip businesses to thrive in a digital world. Our market offerings span the full breadth of Human Capital needs, from HR transformation and talent strategies, as well as change management and Program Leadership.
Because the future of work is a boardroom issue, not just a focus for HR, you’ll work with business leaders. You’ll help them rethink their business and people strategies, to take advantage of the rapidly evolving world of work, while ensuring a positive impact on their employees and society.”
Business is being disrupted. New business models, exponential technologies, agile working, and regulation are all changing the way businesses interact with their customers, engage their people and organize work. Our clients are embarking on increasingly complex transformation journeys. They are making major investments and expecting greater insight and impact. Working at the heart of your industry’s major transformation programs, you’ll help CEOs and Leadership Teams reimagine their Future Organization. You’ll help them realize strategic ambitions, by shaping and delivering a transformation journey that will drive sustainable, ‘sticky’, change.
Organization design is the process in which an organization determines the most effective ways of executing its strategy by its employees. Often the current organizational structure is outdated due to many (external) developments, which can lead to a suboptimal alignment between ambitions and structure. The Organization Design (OD) professionals support their clients in determining the appropriate organizational structure and determine this into a detailed design, including optimal capacity, span of control, coordination mechanisms, tasks, roles and responsibilities and meeting structures. Typical projects on which our Organization Design professionals advise clients are organizational (re)structuring at (large) reorganizations, development of a new organizational model based on a new strategy, redesign of c-suite structure and merges and acquisitions (integration of carve-out). These projects often go hand-in-hand with change and project management.
Director Marquella Hoogervorst describes our working atmosphere as follows:
“We interact in a very relaxed way. Everyone talks to everyone, whether you’re a Partner or a Trainee, your input is valued not only during projects or at the office, but also during our weekly drinks, our annual ski trip, or a team barbecue.”
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits;
- a good pension scheme;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- a 32-40 hour working week;
- the opportunity to take a month of unpaid leave once a year;
- a good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- the opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which are also for personal use;
- the opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- a developing culture with a coach, an onboarding buddy and a development program.
great growth opportunities. Depending on your ambitions and performance, you can grow into a new role every 2 to 3 years.
What you offer
When it comes to the practicalities of the job, you are ready for anything. You have the courage to try out new things and to keep learning, even if there are setbacks along the way. For the role of Junior Consultant, you also have:
- university degree (preferably in Education or Business Administration, with a major in Change Management or Learning & Development), Learning Sciences (Technical University Twente), Management of Learning (University Maastricht), Information & Knowledge Management / Digital Business Innovation (University Amsterdam);
- during your studies you participated in relevant extracurricular activities such as: student/study associations, committees, sports associations, study abroad etc;
- strong delivery skills;
- affinity with learning in change projects and with digital (learning) technologies and tools;
- excellent social and communication skills;
- an analytical, goal-driven, practical and enthusiastic mentality;
- willingness to travel and work internationally (primarily in Europe);
Proven willingness to learn Dutch, fluent in English.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.