What impact will you make?
You will be advising clients that face the Big Data revolution: an exponential growth of data originating from an increasing variety of data sources, eg. transactions, CRM, sensors, and social media. You will be working with these structured and unstructured sources to gain valuable insights for your clients. As Junior Data Engineer you are part of Deloitte Analytics & Cognitive, one of the leaders in Big Data Analytics worldwide - according to Gartner.
This is how
- supporting organizations on the design and structure of their future data architecture, this may include managing and combining various internal and external sources and/or developing real time reports and dashboards;
- analyzing issues from our clients and advising on possible strategic solutions;
- being aware of the latest developments when it comes to Cloud technologies;
- collaborating with Deloitte experts from other professional departments in multidisciplinary teams;
- supporting clients of all sectors and industries in implementing (big) data analytics in every stage of their business.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 1500 colleagues in Consulting.
You will share your expertise with 150 colleagues of the Analytics & Cognitive portfolio in Amsterdam all of whom are specialists in the Strategy, Analytics and M&A offering. In this department, collaboration with other (international) colleagues and continuous (technological) innovation, for example in big data and Cloud, are key principles. Consulting also has a major impact (on): see an example here.
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits;
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;
- a good pension scheme;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- a 32- 40 hour working week;
- the opportunity to take a month of unpaid leave once a year;
- a good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- the opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme;
- a development program that helps you keep developing;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which are also for personal use;
- the opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- great growth opportunities. Depending on your ambitions and performance, you can grow into a new role every 2 to 3 years.
- Based on your aspirations, you can opt for a specialist track in-case you have more affinity towards technology and can demonstrate deep skill in use of data engineering tools and/or technologies.
What you offer
You are proactive and you have a quick and thorough understanding of issues. Furthermore, strong analytical thinking and logical-skills. For the role of a Junior Data Engineer, you also have:
- a Master’s Degree (such as Informatics, Information Sciences, Computer Science or Technical Business Administration);
- affinity for data and understand how (Big) Data can help companies gain a competitive edge;
- interested in Cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud platform.
- knowledgeable about relevant technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce, and SQL;
- preferably, experience with a programming language, eg. Python or Java.
- strong communication skills that allow you to communicate clearly on complex matters;
- interesting extra-curricular activities besides your studies, such as active participation in a student association, a board, a committee or a sport association;
- full proficiency of the English language and preferably Dutch and/or other relevant languages.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? Please contact recruiter Iris Swier (088-2881151)