Define strategies and make companies future proof. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
Combining your experience and expertise in M&A Finance with our Monitor Deloitte methodologies and knowledge, you work in teams covering all phases of the M&A project, from acquisition to integration. You like the challenge to support clients with change, applying fact-based analyses to develop a strategic vision that translates into concrete tactics and goals.
Our M&A Finance team provides the functional and technical expertise required to support the Finance Function in the execution of issue-free integration/ separation and the delivery of relevant synergies. Our practitioners combine transaction experience with deep Finance strategy and process knowledge to provide clients with the tools and strategic insights to navigate change and capture value.
This is how
As an M&A Finance Junior Consultant, your role will involve the following:
- plan and implement Finance integration and separation projects;
- define and deliver Finance Day One readiness, post-merger planning and integration execution;
- conduct Finance operating model fine-tuning and organizational design to deliver post-transaction finance continuity (reporting, consolidation, planning, budgeting and forecasting etc.);
- deliver impact assessment for core financial processes (order-to-cash, record-to-report etc.) and deliver change plans;
- support the scoping and definition of transitional service requirements (TSAs);
- perform analysis and synthesize data into useful insights, with experience in financial analysis, operational performance improvement analysis and financial modelling;
- define and assess synergy targets/business plans, including management of synergy realization;
- deploy project management tools and techniques (such as project planning, resource, dependency and issue management, and status reporting).
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. In the Netherlands we rely on more than 1,500 colleagues in Consulting.You will share your expertise at Monitor Deloitte in Amsterdam, all of whom are specialists in the Strategy and M&A offerings.
Strategy, Analytics & M&A
“The world is changing, fast. Competitors come out of nowhere, governments and regulators need faster and better insight, customers are demanding a more personalized experience, and volumes of data are doubling every two years. You’ll serve as a trusted advisor, helping our clients make intelligent decisions about how to consistently succeed in their market. You’ll partner with board-level clients to architect data-driven programs that transform their businesses, working with some of the most innovative technologies around.”
Within the Monitor Deloitte M&A team, you advise major corporates in the field of M&A including identifying options for inorganic growth, synergy opportunities, as well as driving integrations and separations from strategy to execution. From the start, you encounter numerous opportunities to develop yourself through working with clients from different industries.
Our work is focussed on addressing the objectives of our clients’ senior decision-makers, and we always seek to serve our clients holistically. Accordingly, in M&A we draw upon and work collaboratively with other parts of Deloitte – from areas as diverse as Operations, Technology, Risk, Corporate Finance or Tax – in order to deliver an unmatched client service capability. Monitor Deloitte definitely makes an impact: here you can see how.
Director Klaasjan Doeswijk describes our goal at Monitor Deloitte as follows: “My vision is that the acquirer needs to establish a futureproof integrated finance function that can contribute to the success of the combined business.”
- in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits;
- great growth opportunities. Depending on your ambitions and performance, growth into a new role every 2 to 3 years;
- a development program that helps you keep developing;
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- a 32 or a 40-hour working week;
- a time-for-time scheme for overtime;
- the opportunity to take a month of paid leave once annually;
- a good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which is also for personal use;
- a good pension scheme;
- an opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- an opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme.
What you offer
When it comes to the technicalities of the job, you are ready for anything. At the same time, you are a team player and have a strong personality. You are committed to your personal goals and developments, to our clients and to our community and its values. For the role of a Junior Consultant, you also have:
- a relevant university (Masters) degree;
- affinity with Finance function, proven by e.g. education and/or internships;
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- strong communication skills that allow you to communicate clearly on complex matters;
- interesting extra-curricular activities besides your studies, such as active participation in a student association, a board, a committee or a sport association;
- full proficiency of the English language and preferably Dutch and/or other relevant languages;
- sensitive to cultural differences, on an international as well as an organizational level;
- willingness to operate abroad.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We are looking forward to receive your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Please submit your resume, cover letter (in English) and grade lists of high school, bachelor and master. Please note: incomplete profiles will not be processed!
The next recruitment day will be on the 29th of November.
If you are looking for interview practice and further getting to know Monitor Deloitte prior to applying, please join one of our Crack the Case events. You can find this event and sign up at our event page.
Questions? For answers, contact Campus Recruiter Marlou Tuijl on +31 (0)6 50088403.