Helping CFOs answer their most complex strategic questions. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
The Finance function is continuously faced with new expectations and in order to respond many CFOs realize the need for digital transformation. This requires expertise in how to tackle strategic issues and implement complex transformations, in a fast-evolving digital world. As a Junior Consultant CFO Services you and your colleagues will act as advisors to CFOs in the large organizations, guiding them through these challenges.
This is how
- advising Finance executives in making strategic choices to reach their targets
- defining strategy visions and translating them into an actions
- designing and implementing operating models with Shared Service Centers and Centers of Excellence
- assessing the (digital) maturity of the Finance department based on Deloitte best practice
- providing improvement opportunities in Finance processes by leveraging technologies
- supporting Finance executives in defining their digital agenda and building digital capabilities
For a better understanding of what we do at CFO Services, read through a project example below:
Finance Transformation at large multinational
A client, that has been undergoing enormous growth, is suffering from cost inefficiencies. This as a result of large teams and complex processes. The client therefore asked CFO Services to advise the organization in developing a Finance strategy and a Service Delivery Model that is not only tailored to growth, but at the same time benefits the organization’s competitiveness. In order to successfully develop a solution, a multidisciplinary team worked together with the client, while performing activities such as:
- analyzing the current state of the Finance department
- advising on financial activities and their optimal structure
- introducing (digital) solutions to improve quality and efficiency of the Finance department
- identifying synergies from post-integrations and – mergers
- advising on Finance process improvements and optimization
As a Junior Consultant you will be a vital part of such a project team. You will be given responsibility while learning from experienced colleagues on the job. The tasks as a Junior Consultant usually consist of conducting analyses, developing documentation, providing project support and preparing workshops and meetings, together with your team.
Deloitte has more than 280,000 staff, offices in more than 150 countries and is the largest organization in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. The CFO Services department in Amsterdam, with approximately 130 staff, is the number 1 advisor for the CFO and is focusing on all industries.
Our projects range from large, complex transformations, Finance process improvements, Finance system implementations to change programs for the Finance function. Collaboration with other (international) colleagues and continuous (technological) innovation, for example in big data and robotics, are key principles in the CFO Services department.
Consultant Friso Nilting describes his experience as follows:
"After a few months at Deloitte I already learned more than during my university time"
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits
- a good pension scheme
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually
- a 40-hour working week. We are also open to the option of a shorter working week
- the opportunity to take a month of unpaid leave once a year
- a good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses
- the opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme
- a laptop and an iPhone, which are also for personal use
- the opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme
- a developing culture with a coach, an onboarding buddy and a development program
great growth opportunities. Depending on your ambitions and performance, you can grow into a new role every 2 to 3 years
What you offer
You are energized by crafting solutions, telling the story behind the numbers and working in teams. You thrive in high performance cultures and willing to spend every day developing yourself and the people around you.
For the position of Junior Consultant CFO Services you should also have:
- a master’s degree, preferably in business administration, business economics, finance or econometrics;
- spent time on extracurricular activities such as student associations, boards, commisions, volunteering programs, sports associations or gained experience for internships;
- 0-2 years professional work experience;
- a self-motivated and curious personality that is able to take initiative and ownership;
- an interest in working in an international and diverse team;
- excellent command of written and spoken English and preferably Dutch;
- an interest in digital trends and working with new technologies.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? For answers, please contact Campus Recruiter Consulting Vivienne Göbel via +31 (0)6 50055334 or email@example.com