What impact will you make?
As a (Junior) Java Developer, you will find the best place for the skills you bring and to also develop it further by working with some of the most innovative technologies around. Whether it’s through custom-developed systems, platform integration, or application modernization, you’ll work collaboratively across Deloitte to create solutions that deliver real impact for clients’ core business capabilities.
During your career with us, you will craft easy to use, fast and scalable microservices in an event driven architecture; integrate different systems, and implement business logic using design patterns to create maintainable and extensible solutions. In short, you Code for Glory! and to help solve critical client problems or create new businesses for our clients. All while being part of a great team who gather for regular teaming days, Dev chats, a fun annual ski trip and more.
This is how
- Being a part of multidisciplinary and diverse team in a client facing role
- Delivering solutions with microservices in a cloud native technology stack and implementing distributed event-driven solutions
- With start small, learn fast and build to scale philosophy
- Implement best practices in software design, development, security, testing automation and release as part of an Agile DevOps team
- By taking pride in the work and the quality that you deliver and not backing down from tackling complex integration tasks
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
You will work in the Business Operations Portfolio and within that be part of the Systems Engineering team. Whether functional or technical capabilities are your thing, you’ll work with cutting-edge technologies to help clients transform their technology platforms and business operations. Partnering with some of the world’s largest organizations, you’ll help COO’s, CFO’s, CIO’s and their teams realize their ambitions – from improving financial performance, to accelerating speed to market and delivering continuous innovation.
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits;
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;
- a good pension scheme;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- a 32- 40 hour working week;
- the opportunity to take a month of unpaid leave once a year;
- a good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- the opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme;
- a development program that helps you keep learning and growing;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which are also for personal use;
- the opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- great growth opportunities. Depending on your ambitions and performance, you can grow into a new role every 2 to 3 years.
What you offer
You are comfortable working in an Agile team, closely with the client and multidisciplinary, diverse, and international Deloitte teams. You are keen to develop your skills as a developer and consultant; as you discover what it is, that you really like doing.
- Completed a higher/university education in the field of computer science, or other relevant formal education experience
- 1 – 2 years of working experience with implementing high quality back-end or integration solutions with Java ecosystem – Spring, Spring boot, Hibernate, Maven, Gradle
- Experience with databases like PostGres and MongoDB
- Experience with version control solutions like Git, and CI/CD tools
- Experience/Knowledge of messaging systems like Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, Akka
- Knowledge of Secure by Design concepts and test automation
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, cloud services in platforms – AWS/Azure
If this is you, while applying please also share with us, some code you’ve built and are proud to show off – hobby projects and the like.
We would be really excited if you also bring full-stack capabilities like experience in front-end programming (React, AngularJS) and integrating front-end with the back-end
Let's make impact. Apply now!
Ready to join our Systems Engineering team and make a difference one line of code at a time? And at Deloitte we also welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We’d like to know who you are. Apply now!