Shaping the connected future and pioneering a new model for the digital world. At Deloitte.
The Internet of Things brings the physical and digital world together by connecting machines, facilities, fleets, networks and even people to sensors and controls. Our IoT world is growing at a breathtaking pace, from 2 billion objects in 2006 to a projected 200 billion by 2020.
Our clients recognize the opportunity of IoT which will fundamentally change how businesses operate. We are pleased to work alongside the largest organizations and technology partners to imagine, deliver, and run their future business and help to create insights-driven organizations. Our impact in shaping the IoT landscape has been recognized, as we have as been named a global leader in Internet of Things (IoT) services by analysts.
What impact will you make?
As a Lead IoT Engineer, you will use your digital expertise to lead and implement unique IoT enabled solutions. You will manage project teams and ensure we jointly deliver value for our customers.
This is how
- Lead the design of IoT solutions that meet our clients’ needs and their business objectives in innovative ways;
- Lead and manage teams in the implementation and integration of IoT solutions across workstreams, geographies and stakeholders;
- Drive the understanding and adoption of emerging technological trends (e.g. predictive analytics, machine learning, AI, cloud computing) and propose solutions to unconventional and complex technical problems;
- Lead and collaborate in developing prototypes, proof of concepts and test solutions and contribute your technical experience;
- Share your in-depth knowledge of technical subject matter with fellow engineers and be a role-model for (junior) engineers;
- Continuously improve and hone your engineering and project delivery skills to ensure industry best practices are upheld and clients receive expert advice;
- Support commercial bids to win new business for Deloitte.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
You share your expertise with 1500 of our Consulting department in Amsterdam. In this department, innovation and personal development are very important. Of course, Consulting also has a major impact: see an example here.
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits;
- a development program that helps you keep developing;
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- the opportunity to take a month of unpaid leave once annually;
- a good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which is also for personal use;
- a good pension scheme;
- an opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- an opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme.
What you offer
When it comes to the technicalities of the job, you're ready for anything. You are a proven leader in delivering technical solutions and can inspire, motivate and coach the team to deliver excellent results. You are abreast of new technologies and best practices as they evolve and can drive understanding and adoption in your teams and for a client. You have the courage to try out new things and to keep learning, even if there are setbacks along the way. For the role of Lead IoT Engineer, you also have:
- a relevant Master’s degree with excellent academic and pre-university results;
- an excellent command of written and spoken Dutch and English;
- an understanding of new and existing IoT or Industry 4.0 related technologies, as they relate to hardware, connectivity, data management and application development;
- experience with leading development teams in the delivery of software and/or an IoT project;
- experience in coaching and teaching junior engineers from a technical perspective;
- knowledge of software development best practices;
- experience with modern development methods like CI/CD;
- proficiency with commonly used development tools on Windows and/or Linux;
- proficiency with commonly used communication protocols (HTTP / REST / MQTT) and data transfer formats like JSON;
- good experience with at least one cloud platform (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, PTC ThingWorx). A certification is a plus;
- understanding of hardware development platforms and solutions (Arduino, RPI, microcontrollers);
- affinity with connectivity technologies, sensors, device capabilities and performance characteristics.
Lets make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.