(Senior) Manager Strategie Consulting bij Monitor Deloitte
Helping leading global organizations to navigate the future with confidence, by making clear, timely and inspirational strategic choices that deliver growth in a dynamic, disrupted world. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
Bold strategic decisions and precise execution matter now more than ever in today’s rapidly changing global economy. Whether it is pursuing new growth, delivering the latest innovations, maximizing long term returns from existing offers, companies have to be ready to decide and act in the unique moments that will define future success and failure.
This is where Monitor Deloitte excels. At Monitor Deloitte, Deloitte’s strategy consulting team, we help leading global organizations to navigate the future with confidence, by making clear, timely and inspirational strategic choices that deliver growth in a dynamic, disrupted world. We achieve this through a combination of deep industry experience, cutting edge capabilities and an entrepreneurial mindset, which allows us to collaborate with our clients to resolve their most critical decisions, drive value, and achieve transformational success. Our unique position as part of Deloitte provides us with the ability to see strategy through to execution and as a result, maximize the impact on our clients. It is an approach that can help organizations move more quickly and pragmatically to take advantage of new opportunities.
We operate across key capability areas:
• Corporate & business unit strategy
• Customer strategy
• Policy strategy
• Digital strategy
• Business transformation
We distinguish ourselves because our advice is not solely focused on strategy; it also takes into account the practical feasibility and implementation of the advice. We also work closely together with our colleagues from other consulting disciplines (like Analytics, Innovation and Deloitte Digital) to win and deliver projects.
Monitor Deloitte builds on extensive thought leadership (including Michael Porter, Roger Martin and Larry Keeley) and proprietary strategy methodologies to advise leading companies with the passion and position to forge new paths and practices.
This is how
As a Strategy Consulting Manager you ensure that our clients make the right important strategic choices and seize the right opportunities to be successful. You do this by analyzing their market and operations and guiding our junior colleagues in this. You translate this together with your team into an executable strategy, building a bridge between vision and implementation. You do this for a diverse set of customers in all kinds of industries.
Your daily activities consist of:
• mapping out opportunities for growth by means of market and trend analysis
• drawing up strategies for a company or business unit
• performing competitive analyses
• testing new value propositions at customers
• drawing up customer marketing strategies, focusing on research in customer segmentation, product development, pricing and sales effectiveness.
In addition you play an important role in the development of the team and your colleagues within Monitor Deloitte.
Our culture is best described as open and friendly, with a great variety of non-linear career journeys that enhance individual career flexibility and engagement. We will support your personal development with our exceptional learning program (including the possibility to pursue an MBA at a top business school or work for a Monitor Deloitte office abroad), a tailored competence model and continuous feedback.
At Deloitte, the largest organisation in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax &Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
You share your expertise with the 100-120 colleagues of our Monitor team in Amsterdam. In this department, leading edge thinking and personal development are very important.
Of course, Monitor also has a major impact: here you can see how
Klaasjan Doeswijk, Offering lead, describes our working atmosphere as follows:
“We are strategy experts as well as catalysts and orchestrators of strategic change. Our future choices are internally consistent and mutually reinforcing, as well fitting our environment. It’s our ambition to increasingly become the trusted advisors to CxO’s for both strategy and transformation. Come and join us! #FutureConfident”
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, you earn a share of the profit;
- flexible working hours and the ability to work from home;
- great career opportunities. Every 2 to 3 years you grow, depending on your ambitions and performance, to a new position;
- a development program that allows you to continue to develop
- 26 vacation days per year and the possibility to purchase 15 vacation days per year
- a 32-40-hour working week
- the possibility to take a month of (unpaid) leave every year
- an excellent mobility scheme: choice of a lease car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe or a cash option, an annual public transport subscription or a travel allowance;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which you can also use privately;
- a good pension scheme;
- the possibility to participate in the collective health insurance scheme;
- the possibility to benefit from tax-attractive matters, such as company fitness and a bicycle plan.
What you offer
When you join Monitor Deloitte as a (Senior) Strategy Manager, you have:
• analytical and interpersonal excellence, as well as demonstrated leadership
• a strong intellectual curiosity and appetite for continuous learning
• specific interest in strategy consulting, as well as commitment to your personal goals and developments, to our clients and to our community and its values
• a university Master’s Degree and/or MBA
• above average grades (in high school, university and MBA)
• between 7 and 10 years of relevant work experience in (an international) strategy consulting or corporate strategy role;
• experience in managing teams/project groups
• the ability and flexibility to travel and work abroad for international assignments;
• strong analytical skills and systematic problem solving skills;
• an excellent command of English; proficiency in additional languages is a plus.
You have superior analytical skills and have significant depth and breadth of expertise in your area. At the same time, you know how to inspire and motivate the team to come up with innovative solutions and excellent results.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
If you would like to apply for a position at Monitor Deloitte, we are eager to meet you! Please click on the button below and submit your resume, cover letter (in English) and grade lists of high school, bachelor, master and/or MBA.
We are looking forward to receive your application for this position. At Deloitte we are open to all people who bring quality and ambition. We are therefore curious who you are.
Questions? For the answers, contact Senior Recruiter Nienke de Vos on +31 (0) 88 288 3903.