As a Privacy Consultant you are part of the rapidly growing Privacy Team within Deloitte Cyber Risk Advisory. We are a young, dynamic and diverse team with people from different backgrounds. If you are interested in a variety of privacy-related topics and have the ambition to work for a big company with all opportunities available but at the same time enjoy working closely together, then this is the job for you!
You can also get to know the Privacy team during our Masterclass on February 27th!
In your role, you will be addressing cross-border (EU and Global) privacy-related issues within large reputable organizations. Topics like strategic decision making, the ethical side of privacy, privacy governance and many more related areas will be part of your tasks and responsibilities. We expect you to talk with customers about the issues and trends around privacy and define, together with the client, the best solution for their business goals. Because the privacy team advises on various issues of privacy, you, besides having legal knowledge, are also interested in the high pace changing technology landscape and you know how organizations work. From day one you will get responsibilities that increase your independence resulting in a steep learning curve. This means you have all the opportunities to develop yourself into a true professional.
Type of work
As a Privacy Consultant there are several activities and types of assignments on which you will work. Some examples are:
- Carrying out privacy risk and privacy gap assessments in organizations. Identify privacy risks, and check the level of the privacy maturity of an organization;
- Develop privacy deliverables, such as policies, PIAs, data strategies, etc.;
- Carrying out large Privacy Transformation programs;
- Support in Privacy by Design programs;
- Support in drafting strategies on the use of personal data;
- Delve into the trends of the market and translate these trends into propositions;
- Advise clients about legal/privacy challenges;
- Come up with pragmatic solutions for specific privacy challenges at our clients;
- Work collaboratively within the team and coach your teammates;
Profile of a Privacy Consultant
- You've completed your master’s degree, preferably supplemented by specific courses in the field of privacy;
- You are fluent in both Dutch and English, an additional European language is a plus;
- You have a customer-oriented attitude, a proactive approach, and are perfectly able to operate both independently and in a team;
- You are pragmatic and are able to balance multiple simultaneous engagements;
- You are capable of completing projects under time pressure and you have the ambition to develop yourself.
Working at Deloitte Privacy Services
Deloitte Privacy Services consists of driven professionals and is a multidisciplinary team consisting of people with a legal, technical or business background. The team is characterized by the collegial and informal atmosphere and has its home basis in the Amsterdam Office. Due to the strong growth of our practice, partly caused by the GDPR, we are looking for new colleagues who want to join our team.