Developing strategy messaging and creative approaches for our most strategic sales opportunities.
What impact will you make?
The Pursuit Coach leads a PCoE team consisting of a Pursuit Lead (pursuit project manager) and the PCoE Creative team (writer and designer) to provide strategic leadership on NSE Consulting’s largest and most significant bids.
Responsibilities include leading the development of strategy, messaging, and creative approaches throughout the end-to-end pursuit lifecycle (Pre-RFP, RFP response/proposal development, Supplier Presentations and Post-Presentation) for NSE sales opportunities.
The Pursuit Coach is required to rapidly engage with numerous pursuit and leadership stakeholders and client service delivery teams to lead the creation of compelling and differentiated selling propositions for our clients. The Pursuit Coach is expected to actively identify critical challenges and possible risks for the sales opportunity whilst working proactively with the Lead Engagement Partner and other key internal functions such as Quality and Risk Management, Deal Review, and Delivery Excellence, to attain the utmost quality of our offering. The Pursuit Coach may be engaged on more than one pursuit at a time.
This opportunity will likely require significant travel.
This is how
- lead win strategy sessions with pursuit teams and ensure the resulting strategies and approaches are maintained and applied throughout the pursuit life cycle to drive a higher win rate on key opportunities;
- enable connections across the global Deloitte network when needed to facilitate collaboration and differentiation in our largest and most strategic pursuits;
- bring creative approaches for presentations, pursuit materials, and other pursuit activities to support strategy, messaging, and differentiation;
- lead the presentation preparation and rehearsal process and provide presentation coaching, both individually as needed and to teams;
- Rapidly establish a relationship of trust with the Lead Engagement Partner and resolve challenges during the pursuit process;
- Support the Pursuit Lead in managing and applying the bid process in line with the PCoE’s pursuit methodology and in resolving conflict;
- Oversee and provide feedback for proposals and other materials to support the PCoE and client service team in developing a compelling value proposition, winning strategies, and a differentiated message for the specific opportunity;
- Provide oversight and quality review for proposal and presentation documents, design approach, and risk reviews, and guide the team so strategic messaging is represented in all materials;
- Bring best practices from other pursuits and extended pursuit networks;
- Participate in leadership and internal quality reviews, participate in the development of resource and pricing models, and participate in leadership pricing and quality calls;
- Solve issues that may be escalated to you in a collaborative manner with the Lead Engagement Partner, as needed;
- Participate in and contribute to select learning and development initiatives to build and enhance Deloitte’s sales excellence capabilities across the firm;
- Lead and engage in value added special projects to establish or further develop key capabilities to strengthen the Deloitte sales culture.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 1500 colleagues in Consulting. You will share your expertise in the Pursuit Centre of Excellence in Amsterdam. You will be part of a fully embedded sales team, the PCoE, working side-by-side with client service pursuit teams to deliver a truly differentiated and winning approach to our priority opportunities.
The UK, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece and Malta), Ireland, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North & South Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, you earn a share of the profit;
- a development program that allows you to continue to develop;
- 26 vacation days per year and the possibility to purchase 15 vacation days per year;
- a 40-hour working week
- the possibility to take a month of (unpaid) leave every year;
- an excellent mobility scheme: choice of a lease car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe or a cash option, an annual public transport subscription or a travel allowance;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which you can also use privately;
- an superb pension scheme;
- flexible working hours and the ability to work from home;
- the possibility to participate in the collective health insurance scheme;
- the possibility to benefit from tax-attractive matters, such as company fitness and a bicycle plan.
What you offer
You are strategic, a passionate coach and strong content-wise. But most of all, you want to achieve the best results for the clients. In doing so you set the bar high for yourself and your colleagues, and you have the skills to realize this result in collaboration with many different stakeholders involved (in the Netherlands and abroad). In addition, you meet the following requirements;
- 10+ years sales pursuit experience, preferable;
- former Consulting client service backgrounds preferred, especially combined with pursuits a plus;
- experience working, collaborating, and building consensus with stakeholders at executive levels, as well as management/middle management stakeholders;
- experience in leading the presentation rehearsal process and providing presentation coaching;
- experience in bringing creative and differentiating concepts to development of pursuit materials and to presentations;
- strong understanding of Deloitte services and offerings;
- experience leading teams and building sales skills;
- proven ability to address and resolve conflict;
- experience with national and/or global consulting organisations;
- excellent professional proficiency in English language, spoken and written, preferred any additional languages.
Let's make an impact. Apply now!
We are looking forward to receive your application for this position. At Deloitte we are open to all people who bring quality and ambition. We are therefore curious who you are.
Questions? For the answers, contact Senior Recruiter Annick van Hattem on +31 (0) 88 288 63 89