QA Test Engineer
As an ITS QA Test Engineer, you will be responsible for quality direction of the projects & products to ensure that there is adequate planning and estimation of test activities on all pieces of work for both the Project Portfolio and BAU work streams. As an ITS QA Test Engineer, you will be responsible for quality direction of the projects & products to ensure that there is adequate planning and estimation of test activities on all pieces of work for both the Project Portfolio and BAU work streams.
What impact will you make?
You will be required to liaise with Project Managers, Programme Managers, Service Owners, Business, QA Managers/Leads and QA Engineers across Europe & India. This is to ensure any changes to the Deloitte application environment meet our strict quality standards.
You will be responsible for creating and imbedding quality gates within the project pipelines. Coordinating with both permanent, managed service contractors and offshore staff as necessary.
You will also be coordinating a team and give advice about their career progression. You help creating QA/Testing Strategy and defining QA/testing methodologies & practices. Ensuring to encompass across alignment on requirements as required.
Embedding automation first approach on all projects and into CICD where applicable.
This is how
- Formalise and bring NL projects into the NSE QA Test Pipeline
- Championing and implementing the NSE QA/Test team alongside the Head of Business Quality & Test
- Developing and embedding functional / non-functional test automation within projects
- Bring quality in CI/CD pipelines for delivery
- Experience in embedding testing into DevSecOps
- Proficient in C# .net with Selenium WebDriver
- Researching and evaluating innovation and emerging methodologies & trends in the test and QA space which may fit our environment
- Identifying and implementing continual improvements to the test team & processes
- Ensuring testing is performed in accordance with Deloitte standards and industry best practices
- Identifying and working with key parties to proactively and reactively manage risks & issues
- Leading the engagement and buy-in with key technical and business stakeholders to ensure the value and capabilities of the QA/Test team are understood, valued and used as and when it is appropriate
- Refining & improving team resourcing models to ensure the team has the right skills and can adequately manage peaks & troughs in workload
- Refining & improving QA/Test methodologies, frameworks and processes
QA/Test Programme Management
- Planning and estimating QA/Test efforts for various projects and new initiatives
- Managing a small portfolio of projects and products for quality/testing activities
- Creating QA/Test Plans that can be understood and actioned by other parties both internal and external.
- Overseeing & mentoring the QA engineers in their execution efforts to ensure QA/testing is performed in accordance with Deloitte standards and best practices
- Reviewing work products and deliverables
- Providing status reports to key stakeholders
- Liaise with business and ITS stakeholders, including Partners and Directors
- Hands on testing to ensure all QA activities are complete within agreed timescales.
Team Leadership / Line Management
- Leadership & oversight for all members of the QA/Testing Team, whether full time, managed service or offshore
- Managing stakeholders from key delivery teams and leadership functions, across NSE member firms
- Managing demand and forecast, particularly to ensure that the team has the right skills and resources available to meet needs
- Managing suppliers, contracts and finances
- Supporting and influencing your QA Manager peers
- Influencing and inspiring growth in the team in line with developing QA/Test initiatives & trends
- Conducting check-ins & performance reviews for staff under your management reporting line
- Attracting, retain, motivate, coach and develop team members for high performance
- Ensuring the team is adequately trained, managing & delivering their QA/test activities.
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Property & Corporate Services, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, you will be participating in the profit sharing plan;
- great career opportunities;
- a personal development program that allows you to continuously develop yourself;
- flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home;
- 26 annual leave days and the possibility to buy 15 extra leave days per year;
- a 40-hour working week
- overtime compensation;
- the opportunity to take a month of unpaid leave once a year;
- a good mobility scheme: a public transport annual pass, or a travel allowance;
- a laptop and an iPhone (the iPhone can also be used privately);
- a good pension plan;
- possibility to participate in the collective health insurance scheme;
- the opportunity to benefit from tax-attractive matters, such as company fitness and a bicycle plan.
What you offer
- Experience working in Professional Services within ITS function
- A strong knowledge of Windows OS, Office suite and Citrix environments
- Agile understanding and experience in working in a scrum team
- ISEB Software Testing Foundation is mandatory. Higher qualifications in this area are desirable
- Knowledge of creating pipelines within AzureDevOps
- Demonstrated ability in applying repeatable quality assurance process and methods to enterprise wide technology projects or initiatives
- A thorough knowledge of QA/test methodologies e.g. agile, waterfall, V-Model, DevSecOps, products etc.
- Strong management, communication, technical and remote collaboration skills with the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with staff at all levels in Dutch & English
- Ability to build good relationships & conduct effective technical discussions with clients, peers and senior staff
- Experience in dealing with multiple projects and cross-functional teams
- Ability to coordinate a group of QA/Test Professionals (including, Manual, Performance & Automated Test resources) from disparate resource models
- A good knowledge of the HPE toolset, Microsoft VSTS, Service Now
- ITIL experience, and preferably certified to ITIL Foundation or Practitioner level
Lets make impact. Apply now!
Please contact us today for an introduction. Click on the button below and fill in your personal information.
If this position does not fit you, and you know someone who fits perfectly to the outlined profile, please forward the vacancy.
For questions, please contact Toine van Kastel at +31 640875589