Combining your passion for technology with consultancy and tax expertise? That's possible!
Tax departments today often face significant resource constraints, requiring an increased focus on efficiency and effective use of technology to streamline their compliance and reporting processes. Overreliance on spreadsheets, outdated technology, and a lack of integration between tax and finance systems can hamper a tax department’s ability to obtain and analyze the data needed for timely and accurate tax compliance and reporting. Tax departments and multinationals are experiencing increased pressure from governments and the public to be compliant. The combination of large quantities of data and the time and resource constraints they are confronted with has made tax departments opt for a transition towards technology-driven tax processes. Deloitte supports its international clients with designing, building and implementing technology solutions in response to the increased need to deliver timely, exact and complex tax output. You will work in multidisciplinary teams of tax specialists and consultants. We are looking for a real team player who is challenged by alternating activities and new (working) environments.
Your profile as a SAP consultant
To further support the growth of our Tax Technology Team we are looking for a strong and enthusiastic SAP expert to strengthen our SAP/Tax team. You will be involved in further expanding our practice and delivering global Tax Technology projects. This includes:
- Review of our clients ERP systems covering a wide range of taxes (VAT, GST, Transfer Pricing, CIT)
- Prepare businesses cases, tax technology roadmap
- Global Enterprise Tax Integration projects. As a member of our global Tax Technology Team, you will work very closely with our clients’ business, tax and IT function to translate the tax requirements into an efficient tax solution design (SAP FI, MM, SD, external tax packages). You will also be involved during the various phases of an Enterprise Tax Integration project going from design, through build, test, training and go live.
- Provide Tax Technology training – with a focus on SAP
- You will be a member of a global Tax Technology community – work with an international team, which provides career opportunities across the globe
- Together with your colleagues, jointly strategize on further innovating our practice (knowledge, training, strategy definition, teaming with our alliances, etc).
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience of which at least 3 years experience in the SAP domain (SD, MM, FI). S/4 HANA experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills
- Eager to learn and gain experience with Vertex, Thomson Reuters OneSource and other third party tax technology solutions
- Pro-active, excellent communication skills and team spirit
- Fluent in English
- Other Deloitte specific items to be added
Tax Management Consulting
Tax Management Consulting looks at tax related issues from a business process perspective. Working in various Tax Management Consulting teams, our professionals provide specialized services: "Tax Technology Consulting" - this team deals with advisory services relating to the implementation and use of technology to improve tax processes. Besides the implementation of software, this includes amongst others vendor selections, tax technology architecture projects or business case development. "Tax Organization & Operations" - this team focuses on development and implementation of strategic goals and activities. This may include the implementation of strategic goals and activities, tax risks, and control management, as well as the tax effects on operational activities. This may include the implementation of Tax Control Frameworks, process redesign, the development of the tax function and transformation projects (both financial and otherwise)."Global Compliance and Reporting" - this team is involved in solving sourcing and global compliance issues for clients. This includes outsourcing of global tax compliance work and the transition thereof. Together these teams are part of Tax Management Consulting (TMC), which works for a broad group of international clients.
Deloitte is the premier financial service provider in the Netherlands and globally. Nowadays, many discussions center on how taxes affect business processes. How does this work in practice? The related consulting engagements are about efficiency, managing risk, and adding value to operating results. These are exactly the challenges we take on at Tax Management Consulting. The projects we engage in are a combination of different focus areas, such as Organization & Operations, Tax Technology Consulting and Global Compliance & Reporting. We thus support multinationals in transforming their tax function. Your work as a specialist in the Tax Technology Consulting team will contribute to this.
We have a varied team and our services aim to analyze a large part of a client's organization. This offers an entirely different dimension to the regular work of tax sepcialists and accountants. Instead of fully focusing on professional tax content, Tax Technology Consulting focuses on the underlying processes and how technology can improve them.