Writing compelling proposals with an original, persuasive voice for our largest and most strategic sales opportunities
What impact will you make?
The Senior Bid (Proposal) Writer will work as part of a strategic sales team (the Pursuit Centre of Excellence) to develop compelling and differentiated sales material for our largest and most important sales opportunities. The Senior Bid Writer will be responsible for all editorial and narrative aspects of the bid. The role focuses on writing compelling proposals with an original, persuasive voice, synthesizing and articulating strategic messaging, and editing proposal content from multiple technical writers. Additional responsibilities include document management, version control, and final production.
This opportunity will require moderate to extensive travel, and requires the right to work in the EU and UK.
This is how
- create original content and synthesize tactical messaging in a concise and clear manner;
- write or co-write executive summaries to capture and articulate strategic messaging established in the overall pursuit strategy. Tone must be compelling, persuasive, and professional;
- translate identified key messages into language that differentiates our position and addresses the specific client need(s);
- capture, shape and synthesize information to reflect a cohesive message, written in one voice
- help translate technical information so it is clear to multiple audiences, yet maintains technical accuracy;
- effectively structure complex proposals and presentations;
- work collaboratively with the assigned PCoE Team (Pursuit Coach, Pursuit Lead, and Creative Designer), client service pursuit leadership and firm leadership to address all aspects of proposal writing and development;
- develop, organize and manage content for proposal documents and related collateral. Manage contribution process, maintain version control and take ownership of all components including the executive summary, graphics, bios and qualifications;
- exhibit outstanding verbal skills in facilitating and distilling complex discussions with leadership and executives;
- demonstrate a finely tuned ability to sift through a discussion and extract the most significant information and action items;
- engage strategically by posing questions that encourage consideration of all aspects of the client’s position, and draw out essential messaging;
- elevate risks and issues to the Pursuit Lead quickly and efficiently;
- work with the PCoE Creative Designer to develop creative and informative graphics;
- provide overall quality control for all pursuit materials; apply brand and legal compliance standards to proposals and presentations.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 1500 colleagues in Consulting. You will share your expertise in the Pursuit Centre of Excellence, supporting our most strategic deals across the region. You will be part of a fully embedded sales team, the PCoE, working side-by-side with client service pursuit teams to deliver a truly differentiated and winning approach to our priority opportunities. While you will be based in Amsterdam, you will be working with teams across the region.
The UK, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece and Malta), Ireland, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North & South Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, you earn a share of the profit;
- a development program that allows you to continue to develop;
- 26 vacation days per year and the possibility to purchase 15 vacation days per year;
- a 40-hour working week;
- the possibility to take a month of (unpaid) leave every year;
- an excellent mobility scheme: choice of a lease car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe or a cash option, an annual public transport subscription or a travel allowance;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which you can also use privately;
- an superb pension scheme;
- flexible working hours and the ability to work from home;
- the possibility to participate in the collective health insurance scheme;
- the possibility to benefit from tax-attractive matters, such as company fitness and a bicycle plan.
What you offer
You are you are able to communicate clearly in all layers of the organization about complex issues, pro-active and strong content-wise. But most of all, you want to achieve the best results for the clients. In doing so you set the bar high for yourself and your colleagues, and you have the skills to realize this result in collaboration with many different stakeholders involved. In addition, you meet the following requirements;
- proven track-record and experience in bid/proposal writing for a professional services organization (consulting, legal, architecture/construction, etc.);
- exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- demonstrated ability to quickly grasp specialist knowledge and make it clear for external parties
- strong executive presence;
- agility and speed in executing strong writing;
- intellectual curiosity and ability to “get smart quick” on a wide variety of topics;
- experience and foresight to anticipate potential issues and devise contingency plans;
- demonstrated ability to prioritise and multitask within a fast-paced, challenging, and deadline-driven environment;
- ability to work within a provided strategic direction;
- ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management;
- superior Microsoft Office skills required;
- negotiation and presentation skills are a plus;
- flexibility and adaptability required;
- undergraduate degree in Journalism, Communications, English/humanities, Marketing, Management, or a related discipline or equivalent.
Let's make an impact. Apply now!
We are looking forward to receive your application for this position. At Deloitte we are open to all people who bring quality and ambition. We are therefore curious who you are.
Questions? For the answers, contact Senior Recruiter Annick van Hattem on +31 (0) 88 288 63 89