As a (Senior) Cloud Engineer, we would like you to join our Fortune 500 clients on their journey towards the Cloud. We offer you a challenging and evolving engineering environment where you can make an personal impact. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
As a crucial member of our DevOps team you will be working on the challenges of moving clients applications and datacenter to the Cloud, automate as much as we can and at the same time fulfill the expectations of our clients that applications are always available, flawlessly and seamlessly working.
You’re qualified and experienced in all things Cloud offers and want to stay at the forefront of distributed computing. You love the business impact of technologies and you help your peers connect the dots.
Does this sounds like an appealing challenge to you, then join us because that’s the opportunity we’re offering.
This is how
Deloitte Cloud Engineering team is looking for (Senior) Cloud Engineers who are passionate about building and deploying applications at scale on cloud platforms. You will have a background in the design, automation, deployment and operation of cloud applications and infrastructure.
In this role you will work cross-border with our business and supporting functions. You will
Your role will have multiple responsibilities depending on the project type. In one project you might work together with development team to build an application optimized for the cloud, using automation to test and deploy the application into production. In another project you might convert manual runbook or provisioning processes and automate using tools such as Azure DevOps (formally known as VSTS). From an operations perspective, you will be required to set up monitoring and alerting for Azure or AWS workloads.
Just a few examples of what we see as part of this role:
- Develop Cloud architecture and solutions optimized for cloud platforms.
- Develop scripts (IaC) to automate the deployment of AWS or Azure architecture and solutions.
- Optimize the cloud services platform.
- Monitor and maintain multiple AWS or Azure solutions to meet project requirements.
- Set up a continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline on AWS or Azure.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge within Deloitte cloud teams.
- Identify new tools and process to improve the cloud platform and automate processes.
Deloitte is the largest organisation in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 1500 colleagues in Consulting.
Our Cloud Engineering team is leveraging its in-depth technical knowledge within a business context and facilitates close collaboration with (international) colleagues and content-driven discussions. We place great emphasis on learning, are very involved in your development and support you to achieve your goals. You will get to know your colleagues very quickly during one of the many team events or regular Friday drinks!
What we offer
You work in multidisciplinary teams on various (Cloud) projects that will help you build a professional network from day one. Every day you are challenged to get the best out of yourself, but you are not alone: experienced colleagues and best practices from the global Deloitte network help you to become successful.
- in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits;
- great growth opportunities;
- a development program that helps you keep developing;
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- a 32-40 hour working week;
- the opportunity to take a month of paid leave once annually;
- a good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which is also for personal use;
- a good pension scheme;
- an opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- an opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme.
What you offer
- WO/Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent and 2 – 6 years of relevant experience as an IT/Cloud Engineer is a must have;
- Dutch speaking is a strong preference;
- ability to build infrastructure for enterprise applications and solutions using AWS or Azure
- experience of automation and provisioning approaches, using tools such as PowerShell, Azure DevOps, ARM.
- experience with cloud-native services such as EC2, RDS, S3, Cloud Watch, Route 53 or equivalent Azure/GCP services
- in depth knowledge of configuring and managing Windows and/or Linux environments
- knowledge of agile software development tools and methodologies (Azure DevOps Continuous integration, GIT, Jenkins, Splunk etc.)
- ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge to other team members
- strong problem solving and troubleshooting and analytical skills
Experience in the following is desirable:
- Cloud Solution Architect certification (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- Building and administrating cloud solutions on AWS azure
- Proven Scripting or programming experience (Python, Java, HCL, PowerShell, etc.)
- Proven Experience of microservices and container-based systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Linux and/or Windows sysadmin certification (e.g. RHCE)
- Experience of agile project management approaches and tools (e.g. Azure DevOps, Jira/Confluence)
Lets make impact. Apply now!
We are happy to receive your application for the position of (Senior) Cloud Engineer. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.