Senior Consultant IT Risk
Improving IT related business processes and systems. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
As Senior Consultant your passion lies in improving business processes, systems and related controls in an ever changing IT landscape. Through analysis, implementation, advice and audits you support our clients in achieving a reliable, secure and responsible IT environment.
ERP systems are at the heart of the digital environment that supports the operational and financial business of our clients. ERP systems typically support the majority of key business processes, resulting in a complex IT landscape that is of increasing importance to the financial statement and statuary audit. In addition, outsourcing functions to a third party introduces certain risks for service organizations. It is critical that service organizations communicate information about their risk management and internal controls to their third parties.
In your role as participating team lead you are the voice of the client. As Senior Consultant you are expected to give the client a heads-up for possible problems and then act as a sounding board to find solutions. At the same time you will service and expand your personal network. As Senior Consultant in the IT Risk space you will come in contact with various clients: we work for stock market listed clients as well as mid-size clients, start-ups, and public organizations.
This is how
You will perform interviews, guide junior staff, and be an important contact person for the client. For IT Audit and Third Party Assurance (e.g. ISAE, SOC) projects you will test design, implementation and operating effectiveness for relevant controls in the system. In your report you will give your client a good, solid advice that matches the risks of the organization, the people and their work ethic.
Related projects can be very diverse and vary from small scale engagements to long-term IT Audit and Third Party Assurance (e.g. ISAE, SOC) projects.
By being on-site with clients and working in multi-disciplinary teams, you will get a first-hand inside look at a variety of organizations and specialties. You will get the opportunity to work both on audit and advisory assignments to provide you with different experiences and learning opportunities. Your responsibilities will increase fast as the learning curve is steep.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
Within Risk Advisory we work with around 660 professionals in 7 different areas: Financial Risk, Cyber Risk, Regulatory Risk, Sustainability, Crisis & Resilience Risk, Risk Analytics and CORE (In Control of Responsible Enterprises).
Within these areas there are Data Analytics, IT Auditors, Internal Auditors, Risk Consultants, Risk Program & Project Managers and Security & Technology specialists. Everyone is a specialist in his or her own area and thus complement each other. Therefore teams consist of people with differing strengths and our core company values reflecting that we believe that these differences make us stronger as we leverage each other. The cooperation within our teams is informal, as this is the general atmosphere.
Our CORE team operates at the core of our clients’ business.
Our service support comes mainly from the Amsterdam office and often you will be working on-site at clients, both domestic and foreign. As the world’s leading professional services firm, we serve A-class clients that are often market leaders in their industry.
Director Sharleen Alberga describes our working atmosphere as follows:
“ Deloitte has allowed me to expand my horizon in every way possible; both geographically by experiencing working and living in different continents, as well as professionally by challenging me intellectually. All in an open, informal atmosphere together with smart and hardworking colleagues“
What we offer
At Deloitte we give you room to explore the disciplines and by performing diverse tasks within different industries you can specialize within a specific functional or technical IT domain. You receive support through education, training and a mentor. You perform your tasks as part of a team, where by you can expect leadership and support. Mostly you will be working independently, but not alone!
- In addition to a competitive salary, a share in our profits;
- A development program that helps you keep growing;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- A 40-hour work week;
- The opportunity to take a month of unpaid leave once annually;
- Good mobility scheme: choice between a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- A laptop and an iPhone, which is also for personal use;
- A good pension scheme;
- An opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- An opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme.
What you offer
If you like the challenge of this function description and meet the following profile criteria, we would like to meet you!
- You have relevant work experience; the ideal candidate has experience in IT Risk management or transformation, IT Assurance and/or Audit role;
- Passion for advising clients in the area of IT risk management;
- Managing, leading and supporting lower level staff;
- Actively contributes to building the talent pipeline; creates a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams;
- Enterprising with good communication skills;
- Fluent in writing and speaking English (Dutch not a must, but a great advantage);
- You are result-oriented, stress resistant and can motivate a team;
- A completed university degree (Master level);
- Experience with SAP GRC, S/4HANA and/or other SAP solutions is an advantage;
- You work well in a team and know how to manage your time and work.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? For answers, please contact Babette van Oostenrijk on +31 6 20675190