Define strategies and make companies future proof. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
Combining your experience and expertise in M&A Finance with our Monitor Deloitte methodologies and knowledge, you work in teams covering all phases of the M&A project, from acquisition to completion. You like the challenge to support clients with change, applying fact-based analyses to develop a strategic vision that translates into concrete tactics and goals.
Our M&A Finance team provides the functional and technical expertise required to support the Finance Function in the execution of issue-free integration/ separation and the delivery of relevant synergies. Our practitioners combine transaction experience with deep Finance strategy and process knowledge to provide clients with the tools and strategic insights to navigate change and capture value.
This is how
As an M&A Finance (Senior) Consultant, your role will involve the following:
- Plan and implement Finance integration and separation projects
- Define and deliver Finance Day One readiness, post-merger planning and integration execution
- Conduct Finance operating model fine-tuning and organizational design to deliver post-transaction finance continuity (reporting, consolidation, planning, budgeting and forecasting etc.)
- Deliver impact assessment for core financial processes (order-to-cash, record-to-report etc.) and deliver change plans
- Support the scoping and definition of transitional service requirements (TSAs)
- Perform analysis and synthesize data into useful insights, with experience in financial analysis, operational performance improvement analysis and financial modelling
- Define and assess synergy targets/business plans, including management of synergy realization
- Deploy project management tools and techniques (such as project planning, resource, dependency and issue management, and status reporting)
At Deloitte, the largest organisation in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax &Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
You share your expertise with the 100-120 colleagues of our Monitor team in Amsterdam. In this department, leading edge thinking and personal development are very important.
Of course, Monitor also has a major impact: here you can see how
Klaasjan Doeswijk, Business lead, describes our working atmosphere as follows:
“My vision is that the acquirer needs to establish a futureproof integrated finance function that can contribute to the success of the combined business.”
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, you earn a share of the profit;
- flexible working hours and the ability to work from home;
- great career opportunities. Every 2 to 3 years you grow, depending on your ambitions and performance, to a new position;
- a development program that allows you to continue to develop
- 26 vacation days per year and the possibility to purchase 15 vacation days per year
- a 32-40-hour working week
- the possibility to take a month of (unpaid) leave every year
- an excellent mobility scheme: choice of a lease car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe or a cash option, an annual public transport subscription or a travel allowance;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which you can also use privately;
- a good pension scheme;
- the possibility to participate in the collective health insurance scheme;
- the possibility to benefit from tax-attractive matters, such as company fitness and a bicycle plan.
What you offer
If you recognize yourself in aforementioned profile, we would certainly like to meet you! You would also be able to demonstrate the following conditions:
- 2 to 6 years relevant working experience in Finance transformation/strategy, transaction services, corporate finance, financial reporting, finance processes or finance shared services, particularly in relation to M&A or restructuring activity;
- Worked across the M&A deal lifecycle with specific expertise on delivery advisory services to CFO’s and Finance management;
- Strong analytical skills that allow you to communicate clearly on complex matters;
- Relevant university (Masters) degree, supplemented with extracurricular activities;
- Strong personality and team player;
- Full proficiency of the English language and preferably Dutch and/or other relevant languages;
- Sensitive to cultural differences, on an international as well as an organizational level;
- Willingness to operate abroad.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We are looking forward to receive your application for this position. At Deloitte we are open to all people who bring quality and ambition. We are therefore curious who you are.
Questions? For the answers, contact Senior Recruiter Maud van den Berg on +31 (0) 88 288 0796.