Define strategies and make companies future proof. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
Combining your experience and expertise in M&A with our Monitor Deloitte methodologies and knowledge, you will work in teams covering all phases of the M&A project, from acquisition screening to integration. You like the challenge of supporting clients with transformations triggered by M&A, applying fact-based analyses to develop a strategic vision that translates into concrete tactics and goals.
The Monitor Deloitte team supports clients in making critical M&A decisions through applying our frameworks in choosing where to play and how to win. These decisions could lead to acquisitions, partnerships but might also result in separation of businesses. Through our thorough understanding of the complete M&A deal cycle, our professionals are best positioned to support clients in these challenging decisions.
Our M&A professionals help clients realize the transaction benefits by enabling client to reach top-line targets as well as realizing cost synergies, including redundancies. We distinguish ourselves by combining integration strategy methodologies with hands-on execution and deep industry expertise.. Furthermore, through the Deloitte network we are able to orchestrate the complete integration, from strategy setting to IT and HR implications.
We apply Separations tools and frameworks to provide thorough planning, establish gap analyses and control cross-function dependencies to mitigate separation risks and minimize loss of value. We enable swift, value-creating transactions by creating thorough separation plans and by providing functional expertise where applicable.
This is how
Within the Monitor Deloitte M&A team, you advise major corporates in the field of M&A including identifying options for inorganic growth, synergy opportunities, as well as driving integrations and separations from strategy to execution. From the start, you will encounter numerous opportunities to develop yourself through working with clients from different industries.
Our professionals of M&A Consulting at Monitor Deloitte distinguish themselves with their strategic, process as well as content expertise. Our active and pragmatic approach allows our clients to focus on running the regular business as well as efficiently taking the relevant decisions around the transaction.
Our practice aims to make an impact that matters across the entire M&A lifecycle, including complex transformations across different sectors and industries.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. In the Netherlands we rely on more than 1500 colleagues in Consulting.
You will share your expertise at Monitor Deloitte in the Strategy & Business Design offering in Amsterdam, all of whom are specialists in the Strategy, Analytics and M&A portfolio.
Strategy, analytics & M&A
“The world is changing, fast. Competitors come out of nowhere, governments and regulators need faster and better insight, customers are demanding a more personalized experience, and volumes of data are doubling every two years. You’ll serve as a trusted advisor, helping our clients make intelligent decisions about how to consistently succeed in their market. You’ll partner with board-level clients to architect data-driven programs that transform their businesses, working with some of the most innovative technologies around.”
Monitor Deloitte definitely makes an impact: here you can see how
Our goal at Monitor Deloitte has been described by Klaasjan Doeswijk as follows:
“My vision is that the acquirer needs to establish a futureproof integrated finance function that can contribute to the success of the combined business.”
What we offer
- in addition to a fixed salary, you earn a share of the profit;
- flexible working hours and the ability to work from home;
- great career opportunities. Every 2 to 3 years you grow, depending on your ambitions and performance, to a new position;
- a development program that allows you to continue to develop
- 26 vacation days per year and the possibility to purchase 15 vacation days per year
- a 32-40-hour working week the possibility to take a month of (unpaid) leave every year
- an excellent mobility scheme: choice of a lease car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe or a cash option, an annual public transport subscription or a travel allowance;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which you can also use privately;
- a good pension scheme;
- the possibility to participate in the collective health insurance scheme;
- the possibility to benefit from tax-attractive matters, such as company fitness and a bicycle plan.
What you offer
If you recognize yourself in aforementioned profile, we would certainly like to meet you! You would also be able to demonstrate the following conditions:
• 2 to 6 years relevant working experience in M&A and/or strategy consulting, including M&A strategy, integrations, separations or deal advisory;
• Strong analytical skills that allow you to communicate clearly on complex matters;
• Relevant university (Masters) degree, supplemented with extracurricular activities;
• Strong personality and team player;
• Full proficiency of the English language and preferably Dutch and/or other relevant languages;
• Sensitive to cultural differences, on an international as well as an organizational level;
• Willingness to operate abroad.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We are looking forward to receive your application for this position. At Deloitte we are open to all people who bring quality and ambition. We are therefore curious who you are.
Questions? For the answers, contact Senior Recruiter Maud van den Berg on +31 (0) 88 288 0796.