Imagine: a team of 50 people is manually scrolling through extensive lists of products to determine whether they should be classified following regulatory action. The deadline is approaching fast and there are still 100.000 items to go through. That will result into be sleepless nights…
During the age of Machine Learning and RPA, this can be done faster and better. That’s where we come in!
We use technology and analytics to help our clients to be the best, most efficient and most innovative version of themselves and to serve their customers at the top of their performance whilst being compliant. Our team provides organizations with the means to not just comply with current regulatory expectations but to keep the necessary edge to always stay a step ahead.
We use data analytics to detect and stop potentially unlawful actions before they pose a threat to the organization or society. Cool stuff, right?
It is! And we are now looking to expand our team. Join us in shaping the future!
What will you be doing?
In your role, you will be able to make a real difference by working with breakthrough technologies. You contribute to preventing non-compliance using your analytical skills. With the power of data analytics, you help solve complex issues that require an immediate response to a regulator or support organizations with developing and implementing data and technology-driven solutions to detect non-compliance.
You focus on continuous improvement of your skillset and the quality of your work. You will eventually become an expert in your field through training and on-the-job experience. While working on client engagements you are able to spot opportunities for possible future projects. Within the team, you contribute to the development of team members, including interns, working students and new hires. You have a significant content contribution in the development of proposals and other deliverables.
Tell me more about the team!
Our team consists of about 50 professionals specializing in solving complex regulatory issues for our clients. The cooperation within our teams is informal, as is the general atmosphere. We help each other to get the best solutions for our clients. We are proud to have different professional backgrounds: lawyers and criminologists team up with mathematicians and finance professionals.
Due to this diversity, we can cover complex issues by combining regulatory experts’ knowledge with advanced analytics methods. We work together to support clients in anticipating and adapting to changes in the regulatory environment. We cover the entire lifecycle of regulatory risk: from strategy to compliance and response.
- Strategy: Help clients understand and anticipate to new laws and regulations. We do this by developing strategies, business structures and processes.
- Compliance: Support organisations in designing, evaluating and transforming processes, controls and infrastructure to be compliant with existing law and regulations and foster integrity. We believe that through compliance clients can maintain their business value - and even create a competitive advantage.
- Response: Help clients react to specific gaps in their regulatory compliance programs and make their compliance programs more efficient and smarter by using data and technology.
By joining our Regulatory Risk team, you’ll be part of the wider Risk Advisory practice. We are one of the leading risk consultancy practices in the Netherlands. Within Risk Advisory, we see risks as an opportunity to improve corporate performance. Innovation plays a crucial role in our offerings. You will experience different clients and work on a variety of topics. Our services are mainly performed from the Amsterdam office but many times you will also be working on site at clients. Deloitte serves a global market and thus offers plenty of opportunities for working abroad.
What are we looking for in a senior consultant?
As a senior consultant, you already have work experience under your belt. This implies that you are comfortable managing your own work. With the guidance of an experienced Deloitte manager, you take ownership of part of an assignment. This could be analysing an issue and presenting your findings to a client. You interact frequently with clients. In meetings with clients you can contribute with meaningful insights on topics you’re familiar with. You are comfortable doing meetings or other tasks by yourself, and guiding more junior colleagues.
Ideally your profile would include the following:
- You have completed a quantitatively oriented university degree, such as (applied) mathematics, econometrics, physics or a quantitative specialization within the social sciences.
- You have at least 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- You have experience with programming (knowledge of SQL, SAS, R, Python or Hadoop is an advantage).
- You operate well in a team, and you have a professional attitude.
- You can identify with characteristics such as analytical, independent, critical and result-oriented.
- You can complete projects under time pressure and you have the ambition to develop yourself.
- You have excellent proficiency in English; both verbally and in writing.