Deloitte Risk Advisory
Specific skill set required
Microsoft platform technologies: C#, ASP.NET MVC, jQuery, SQL server.
(Working) Knowledge of hacking tools (like Nmap, Nessus, Metasploit, Burp Suite) is a plus.
Engineer or Science, BS Computer Science or equivalent
Deloitte has been ranked #1 in cyber security consulting services by Gartner for the third consecutive year. Developing and delivering high quality innovative services is key to maintaining that leading position. Innovation requires us to constant look for new opportunities for new services, including on-line services. In this regard we are using highly qualified software developers to optimize both our internal toolset and our client facing services. As a software engineer at Deloitte’s Cyber Security team:
- You are responsible for designing and creating (online) software for Deloitte. You will work closely with security professionals and you are responsible for managing dedicated software development projects assigned to you. You’ll be reporting to the senior software engineer or architect and liaise with peers
- You are a part of the Deloitte Security team and are responsible for leading day to day software development activities with specific emphasis on client facing webbased applications.
- You’ll be working closely with the software architect to assess business requirements for internal and external applications. Based upon the requirements, you’ll be creating a short, medium and long term development plan using iterative development methods.
- You are able to challenge the software architect and transfer knowledge to other team members.
- You can identify and resolves development risks in alignment with Deloitte’s quality and risk management processes.
The key job responsibilities include the following:
- Design, Build and Modify (existing) business tier components, web applications and database objects using Microsoft platform technologies (ASP.NET MVC, C#, SQL Server).
- Create prototypes, if necessary, to validate proposed solutions and seek feedback from stakeholders. You are familiar with SCRUM and Agile development methods.
- Work with project managers and business analysts to properly define/clarify business requirements, development estimation and work plan finalization. You are expected to explain your technology choices to your peers and give a high level picture to the business.
- Analyze business user requests, estimate tasks throughout the project life cycle, design and document appropriate solution, and design the business components and database objects required to implement the solution.
- Coordinate with peers on design implications and work with them to resolve issues.
- Work with the Quality Assurance Team on issue reporting, resolution and change control. Identify the root cause of production issues and develop a strategy to fix them.
- Create and execute integration/unit tests within development lifecycle. Take ownership (or as part of team) of the solutions and conduct periodic code reviews to verify compliance of the coding to the design and patterns. Produce accurate instructions for efficient and error-free deployments.
- Assist other teams (e.g. operations and networking) with any environment issues during application deployment across Development, QA, Staging and Production environments.
The key skills required are as follows:
- Over 2+ years experience in designing, building and deploying enterprise solutions with exposure to multiple software packages/vendors, programming languages and technology platforms.
- Extensive experience with the .NET framework and other Microsoft technologies: ASP.NET MVC, C#, SQL Server, WCF, transactional development, asynchronous processing, HTML and DHTML, JSON, JQuery, XML, XSLT, LDAP, .NET Enterprise Services, web services.
- Experience with formal software development methodologies and SCRUM/Agile methods.
- Experience with server software including SQL Server, Active Directory, .NET Remoting
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and security concepts. Working experience with server farms, firewalls, networks, and hacking tools (Nmap, Nessus, Metasploit, Burp Suite etc.) is a plus.
- You have an affinity with Security and Privacy (e.g. Ethical hacking, Secure programming, Access control and governance, etc.)
- Good attention to detail and accuracy yet maintaining a strong global view of the solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications (in English).
- Flexibility, energy and ability to work well with others in a virtual, geographically dispersed team environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel, globally (e.g. The Netherlands)
- Microsoft Certified Software Developer (MCSD) and/or Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD) a plus.
- OWASP trained and certified is a plus as well.
Word jij uitgedaagd door deze functie?
Neem dan vandaag nog contact met ons op voor een kennismaking. Klik op onderstaande button en vul je gegevens in.
Past de geschetste functie niet bij jou, maar ken je iemand die perfect in het geschetste profiel past? Stuur deze vacature dan door.
Voor vragen over deze vacature kun je bellen met Liselotte Mulder op telefoonnummer +31882883616.
Acquisitie op basis van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.