What impact will you make?
As a Senior Engineer ICS and Security, you have an interest in working with hands-on technical OT security challenges concerning the security of operational technology and industrial environments. You will work in a team of ICS/SCADA security consultants and will both technically and procedurally assess and advise our clients on improvements within the area of OT security.
This is how
As a Senior Engineer ICS and Security, you will be a part of our growing team of cyber professionals, all of which share a passion for technical security challenges. You will work on a variety of different technical assignments within the OT security domain. These could either be performed at clients or internally. Examples are the advisory on the implementation of technical security solutions for clients, performing OT security site assessments and performing OT security tests. Our expectations are matched to your preferences, background and experience. What matters most for us is that you are a team player with an affinity for technology who is not afraid to learn.
As an engineer, we will offer you a job where not only you can use your technical knowledge and experience, but where above all you will expand it. You will work in our team which shares affinity and experience for ICS/SCADA security technology. We are avid visitors of conferences and organize many internal demos and activities. Thanks to this, you will have the opportunity to learn and discover a lot in a relatively short period. We value that you keep developing yourself and that your activities within the team continue to challenge and excite you. That our cyber team keeps growing every year is a testament to the good atmosphere and satisfaction within our team. In consultation with your manager, you will determine your own training program. Examples of frequently chosen trainings are GICSP, CSSA and OSCP, but we also offer a wide variety of internal trainings.
Types of projects
As a security engineer, there are several types of projects you could work on. Some examples:
- Perform site assessments at clients, where you assess the maturity of the OT security at the site on aspects such as hardening, network segmentation and access control ;
- Conduct a security test on the internal client network to identify vulnerabilities that could lead to downtime of the client plants;
- Assess an ICS architecture review on the network architecture of the client
- Discovering and building your ICS and SCADA personal interests, qualities and expertise;
- Working in our team and adding value for technical projects at clients;
- Advising clients on technical content that match their situation and environment;
- Operationally carrying out projects and ensuring high quality results.
Deloitte’s Risk Advisory is comprised of approximately 600 professionals with diverse backgrounds. We service our clients in the fields of Reputation, Controls, Technology Enabled Solutions and Cyber Risk. Within these teams our professionals include, among others, data analysts, IT Risk consultants and Cyber Risk specialists. These complementary specializations allow us to support our clients in a broad spectrum of topics through interdisciplinary teams and bespoke solutions. We perform most of our work from the Amsterdam office.
The Cyber Advisory department under Cyber Risk is distinguished by its collegial and informal atmosphere, with about 160 professionals. Our professionals come from a wide range of backgrounds and personalities, and this environment is further emphasized by ample learning opportunities and constructive feedback on each other’s strengths and weaknesses. Given the strong growth of our practice, we are looking for new colleagues to join our team.
Your career path and working conditions
With several offices in the Netherlands and over 5,500 employees, Deloitte is a leading firm offering services in the fields of Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory. Our professionals are ambitious, highly educated and market leaders in various industries, and we work in an open and diverse environment with ample room for innovation and involvement. We offer our professionals competitive benefits such as a lease car arrangement, laptop, Iphone and an excellent pension scheme among others. High performance is rewarded accordingly with promotions, and we ensure that our professionals are able to achieve their own goals with a balanced learning program, a competency model and continuous feedback.
What we offer
- In addition to a fixed salary, you participate in the profit with us;
- growth opportunities;
- a development program through which you continue to develop continuously;
- flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home;
- 26 days off per year and the possibility to purchase 15 days off per year;
- a time-for-time regulation for overtime hours;
- the possibility to take one month of unpaid leave once a year;
- a good mobility scheme: choice of a lease car with a fuel pass for Europe or a cash option, a public transport annual pass or a travel allowance;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which you can also use privately;
- a good pension plan;
- possibility to participate in the collective health insurance scheme;
- the opportunity to benefit from tax-attractive matters, such as company fitness and a bicycle plan.
What you offer
We are looking for starting and experienced ICS and Security engineers for our cyber teams with immediate effect. Have you recently graduated or have you got one to two years of experience under your belt? Then please apply for our Starting Engineer role.
Are you interested in security and technology and do you want to understand and solve technical security challenges? Does the above job description fit and excite you? Then we would very much like to meet with you! Apart from the job description, we expect you to meet the following qualifications:
- A HBO (University of Applied Sciences) or WO (University) Bachelor/Master degree;
- 2 – 6 years of experience in ICS and SCADA security;
- Interested in:
- PLC’s, RTU’s, DCS’s
- Access control;
- Process models;
- OT security;
- Networking technology;
- IDS, IPS;
- Security standards and guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and listening);
- Strong team player with ability to take charge of their area of expertise and coordinate with other teams and instances;
- The ability to work under pressure of time and the ambition to further develop yourself.
Lets make impact. Apply now!
We would like to receive your application for this position. At Deloitte we are open to all people who bring quality and ambition.