Do you enjoy providing powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies? Would you like to join one of the leading professional services organizations, with a worldwide network of professionals who specialize in effectively managing global trade decisions and obligations, and providing strategic significance to our clients’ global supply chain? If this is you, come travel the world in our world! At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
As a Senior Consultant on our global sanctions and export controls team, you will participate in engagements requiring analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates; you will work with multinational companies, understand national and international trade requirements, and align client trade functions with their business objectives; with the opportunity to develop and pursue creative strategies using the latest technologies.
This is how
• Working with clients to assess and potentially automate their export controls classification and international trade management procedures within all major trading regions;
• Helping exporters achieve worldwide compliance and realize efficiencies and advantages in their global supply chain;
• Advising U.S. and (foreign) multinational companies on global sanctions and export strategies and trade compliance;
• Planning and compliance assistance, and exploration of automated export solutions;
• Supply chain efficiency planning including trade and security, together with other teams such as customs and M&A teams;
• Process improvement planning and implementation assistance;
• Sanctions and export controls audit assistance and representation before governmental authorities.
At Deloitte, the largest organisation in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
You share your expertise with the 50 to 60 colleagues of our Legal department in Amsterdam. In this department, innovation and personal development are very important. Of course, Legal also has a major impact: see an example here.
Our Global Trade (sanctions and export controls) practice is a practice within Deloitte Legal that is part of Tax&Legal, and advises multinational companies on global sanctions and export strategies, compliance, and trade automation. The global practice is composed of lawyers, operations experts, auditors, and trade management professionals who help our clients achieve worldwide compliance and realize the legal export of goods, software and technology in an increasingly complex world of trade restrictions on national security grounds. The team in the Netherlands is part of the North West European region and the Global team.
What we offer
• in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits;
• great growth opportunities. Depending on your ambitions and performance, growth into a new role every 2 to 3 years;
• a development program that helps you keep developing;
• flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;
• 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
• a 40-hour working week;
• a time-for-time scheme for overtime;
• the opportunity to take a month of unpaid leave once annually;
• a good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
• a laptop and an iPhone, which is also for personal use;
• a good pension scheme;
• an opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
• an opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme.
What you offer
When it comes to the technicalities of the job, you're ready for anything. At the same time, you're able to inspire and motivate the team to deliver excellent results. You have the courage to try out new things and to keep learning, even if there are setbacks along the way. For the role of Senior Consultant, you also have:
• At least four years of relevant practice experience as an attorney, in-house or with law firms experience in EU and/or global export controls and sanctions regulations (i.e., operational, government, law firm, consulting);
• Strong academic credentials; Master’s degree in a business, national security, law, tax, or trade-related field with (ideally 3.2+ GPA);
• Demonstrated leadership in project management and problem solving; and the ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity ;
• Relevant work experience (i.e., internships, summer positions, jobs) ;
• Ability to work both independently and the willingness to collaborate within / across teams and cultures;
• Demonstrated interest in international trade or international business ;
• Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of issues and communications and demonstrate the highest ethical standards;
• Data management and analysis experience;
• Familiarity with global trade management software as well as software aptitude in Access, Excel, and/or Visio ;
• Willingness to travel up to 50%;
• Excellent analytical skills and strong research, writing, verbal communication skills in both English and Dutch.
· Additional advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM and/or additional relevant certifications;
· Additional foreign language skills and/or study and/or working experience abroad;
· Experience with SAP, Oracle, and other enterprise resource planning systems;
· Experience with other sanctions and export controls laws and regulations such as US (ITAR,EAR) or one or more Asian regimes;
· Commercial skills; customer-oriented approach and entrepreneurial mindset, able to spot new opportunities and market trends.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. In addition to the development programs at Deloitte University, Deloitte Legal developed the Legal Technologist Program, to prepare lawyers for a future where technology sets the tone. The program focusses both on various legal aspects of disruptive technologies as well as on how to leverage such technologies within the legal department.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional’s opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? For answers, please contact Senior Recruiter Esther Rozenbeek on +31 88 288 18 52 or Practice Leader Sanctions and Export Controls Marie-José van der Heijden on + 31 88 288 47 07