Making an impact on the global insurance industry by serving key clients and working in projects as an Actuarial Manager. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
An Actuarial (Senior) Manager at Deloitte Financial Risk Management has an impact on the global insurance industry by servicing key clients and working in projects which positively change the insurance industry, e.g. advising on the valuation in mergers and acquisitions, internal model development of insurance and market risks, construct and implement automated pricing and underwriting strategy for insurers.
This is how
- Build and communicate a strategic and innovative vision on the insurance industry;
- Able to connect and advise on the full insurance risk cycle, as well as the policy and claims process;
- Acquisition and management of projects;
- Communication with key stakeholders;
- Building and maintaining a strong network;
- Training talent and developing clients.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
You share your expertise with the 70 to 80 colleagues of our Financial Risk Management department in Amsterdam. In this department we focusses on model development and validation for key insurance clients in the Netherlands, using quantitative methods and techniques to solve various challenges. This includes modelling techniques from quantitative finance, statistics and applied mathematics. Of course, Risk Advisory also has a major impact.
Manager Jurjen Boog describes our working atmosphere as follows:
“The Credit & Insurance Risk team consists of ambitious and talented professionals. We go the extra mile for our team members, and like to connect with our colleagues at social events or events aimed at personal development. Examples of these events include the annual ski trip, regular Friday drinks or a training on team interaction.”
- in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits;
- a development program that helps you keep developing;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- a 40-hour working week;
- the opportunity to take a month of unpaid leave once annually;
- good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which is also for personal use;
- a good pension scheme;
- an opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- an opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme.
What you offer
When it comes to the technicalities of the job, you're ready for anything. At the same time, you're able to inspire and motivate the team to deliver excellent results. You have the courage to try out new things and to keep learning, even if there are setbacks along the way. For the role of Actuarial (Senior) Manager at, you also have:
- At least five years of relevant work experience in modelling, validation, the actuarial profession, risk management, financial markets or ALM, preferably at insurance companies or consulting;
- Master’s degree in: Actuarial Science, Econometrics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or a science Master;
- Commercially skilled and capable of advising clients based on your technical expertise;
- Experience with project-based working and managing multidisciplinary project teams;
- Capable of realizing (innovative) change within organizations;
- Ambitious, independent, energetic and able to perform under pressure;
- Proficient in English, both verbally and in writing.
Let's make an impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Questions? For answers, please contact Senior Recruiter Inge Brinkman on +31 63 009 2321.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.